The cauliflower meatballs are a genuine and substantial vegetable-based second course, a perfect vegetarian recipe even for the little ones.
The cauliflower meatballs are a rather simple second course to prepare and also perfect for letting the little ones eat vegetables. In fact, cauliflower lends itself very well to the preparation of doughs thanks to its delicate and soft taste, which today we will enhance with cheese, eggs, a boiled potato and fresh parsley.
Today we will prepare a light version of this dish, which we will cook in the oven, but if you want to make them even more delicious and inviting, you can also make some fried cauliflower meatballs, and maybe accompany them with a sauce of your choice: we will explain how to do it!
Let’s go to the kitchen and immediately start preparing these delicious meatballs : here is the recipe for cauliflower and potato balls!
How to make baked cauliflower meatballs
- Start by washing the cauliflower thoroughly. Cut it into several parts and leave it aside. Also take a potato, wash it and cut it in half. Steam both vegetables for about 10-15 minutes. When they are soft, peel the potato and put everything in a bowl. Finally, mash with a fork.
- Add an egg, salt, pepper, grated cheese and chopped parsley. Mix well with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, in order to mix all the ingredients. If the mixture is too moist and soft, add a little breadcrumbs .
- Shape into balls and pass them first in the beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs, so as to bread them well. Transfer them to a baking tray lined with parchment paper, brush them with a little oil and bake.
- Put the vegetarian meatballs in the oven. The cooking must be done at 180 ° C for 15-20 minutes , until they are golden and crunchy. At that point turn off and let it rest for a few minutes. Enjoy your meal!
If you liked these light cauliflower meatballs, then you should definitely try all our recipes with cauliflower !
How to make fried cauliflower meatballs
To prepare this variant of the baked recipe you need to add 1 egg to the ingredients, and replace the EVO oil with a good seed oil for frying. For the rest, the preparation is absolutely not complicated:
- Boil the potatoes in water for about 20-30 minutes , peel, mash and let it cool.
- Wash, cut into florets and boil the cauliflower for about 5-10 minutes .
- Blend the cauliflower and add it to the potato, salt, pepper, egg, grated cheese and freshly chopped parsley.
- Mix everything and, if the dough is too dry, add a little water or a drop of milk.
- Pra form balls and arrange them on the work surface.
- One by one pass them over the two beaten eggs with a pinch of salt and then bread them in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a pan and, when hot, dip a few meatballs at a time and fry them for a few minutes (until they are golden on the surface ).
- Remove them from the oil and place them on a sheet of absorbent paper to remove excess oil .
- Serve hot on the table accompanied by a good sauce, such as tzatziki .
How about trying all our meatball recipes too?
And if you want cauliflower croquettes, just flatten the dough and create discs , then bread them and fry them. You can also make the cauliflower croquettes in the oven, make them following the first recipe of the article, just remembering to flatten them before putting them in the pan and then in the oven.
These natural cauliflower meatballs can be stored for up to 2 days in the refrigerator, inside a food container. Those fried, then, it would be better to eat them at the moment . We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Risotto with pomegranate: a rich and colorful dish for special occasions!
It is one of the fanciest and most delicious first courses: pomegranate risotto is perfect for special occasions, but it...
Let’s see the recipe for Poppella snowflakes, a typical dessert of Naples
Let's find out together how to prepare a sweet from Naples, Poppella's Snowflakes: soft and creamy they have bewitched everyone....
The trendiest bijoux to give at Christmas are those of the Ferragni sisters: sparkling and sophisticated collections
Chiara and Valentina Ferragni inspire our looks and also our bijoux. And their jewelry collections stand out among the perfect...
The diet of Victoria’s Secret models is not the same for all: here’s what they eat
What is the Victoria Secret models diet? Always beautiful and in perfect shape, they follow a precise diet. Beautiful and...
Viva Magenta, Pantone’s sparkling color 2023 can’t be missing in your wardrobe: how to wear it
Glamorous and bold, Viva Magenta is the Pantone 2023 color we can't wait to wear A magical, surprising color, full...
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe