Cauliflower pancakes: the perfect recipe for preparing a different vegetable side dish and also excellent as an appetizer!
Cauliflower pancakes are great as a side dish for those who want to serve cauliflower differently than usual. For a more spectacular effect, we recommend using half a white and half a purple cauliflower, but for convenience you can safely use only one variety of cauliflower: the taste does not change.
Today we reveal the classic recipe, with a soft and easy dough to make in a few minutes , and also its crunchy variant: the delicious recipe for cauliflower in batter! Let’s go cook.
Preparing the cauliflower pancakes recipe
- First, wash the cauliflower, remove the outer leaves and cut it into florets.
- Boil it in water for about 5-10 minutes or steam it for about 15 minutes .
- Once ready, drain and dry it well and mash it with a fork, leaving some coarse pieces and put it in a fairly large bowl.
- Add the eggs, freshly chopped parsley and a few tablespoons of grated cheese to the cauliflower. To complete, to make the mixture of the right consistency (not too thick but not liquid), add 2-3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs or flour and season with salt and pepper.
- At this point, heat the oil in the pot , when it is hot, help yourself with a spoon to create pancakes and throw them, little by little, during cooking.
- Let them fry for a few minutes, until they are golden brown on the outside, then drain them on a sheet of absorbent paper and serve hot.
If you are on a diet you can prepare cauliflower pancakes in the oven, but you will get a kind of cauliflower meatball more than a pancake: you can follow all the steps that they have indicated, make the batter a little more firm with the help of more flour or breadcrumbs, and form some quenelles to be placed delicately in a pan which you will then place in the oven at 200 ° C for about 20 minutes .
However, we advise you to indulge in it, once in a while a good fried dish ! Do you love this vegetable? Discover all our recipes with cauliflower !
Cauliflower pancakes in batter
To prepare our cauliflower in batter, you will need, in addition to salt, pepper, 1 cauliflower and seed oil for frying also 5 g of fresh brewer’s yeast, 200 ml of water and 120 g of 00 flour.
- Start by cleaning the cauliflowers: remove the stem and leaves, then cut them in half. Rinse them under running cold water, then boil them in plenty of salted water for about ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the batter for frying: in a bowl put a little water in which to melt the fresh yeast.
- When it is melted , add the flour and the remaining water and mix with a whisk until your batter is created.
- When cooked, drain the cauliflower, drain well then put all the florets in the soft batter.
- Once the right oil temperature has been reached, proceed to frying the battered vegetable. Let fry until your nuggets are golden brown , lift with a slotted spoon and let dry on a sheet of absorbent paper. Continue in this way until you finish all the cauliflower.
- Serve the fried cauliflower piping hot with sauces of your choice.
If you want to make your fried batter even more tasty you can add grated pecorino cheese, chopped parsley or powdered spices such as curry or sweet paprika. And here is a tasty and different aperitif.
Did you like this dish? This is simply a good eggless cauliflower pancake recipe, yet equally mouthwatering and easy to make. If you want, then, before frying you can let everything rest for about half an hour in a cool and dry place, it will serve to make the yeast act and will help make your vegetarian nuggets even more swollen.
The advice is to eat them immediately after preparation : the day after the fried foods risk becoming soft or chewy.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...