Charcoal bread is a leavened product with an unmistakable color (and taste). It can also be prepared at home, just choose the right ingredients: here is the recipe!
It is one of the protagonists of the most sought-after recipes on the web: charcoal bread, in fact, intrigued everyone especially for its color . This leavened product owes much of its success to the use of charcoal, obtained from the combustion of poplar, birch and willow wood that has undergone a refining process and is very popular for the treatment of intestinal disorders and abdominal swelling. These properties therefore make it particularly suitable as an additional ingredient for baking leavened products such as bread.
How to make charcoal bread
- Dissolve the brewer's yeast in warm water. Pour the flour on the work surface, add the salt and the vegetable charcoal powder.
- Start pouring the water in which you dissolved the yeast in the center of the fountain, add the oil and knead vigorously. Knead for a few more minutes in order to have a firm and compact dough .
- Divide it in two and cover with a clean kitchen towel and let it rise for at least 2 hours or in any case until both are doubled. Then pick up the leavened dough and make both folds.
- To give the folds, roll out both blocks ( one at a time ) to form two rectangles, then take a short side and fold it until it reaches the middle of the long side and make the star with the other and then turn the folds down and work it to form a strand and then the second one as well.
- At this point, after making the creases, let them rise for another 30-40 minutes .
- Then place them on a plate covered with parchment paper and let them rest for another 10 minutes. Meanwhile, turn on the oven and wait for it to reach a temperature of 200 ° C.
- Bake and after 15 minutes lower the temperature to 180 ° C. Continue cooking for another 15-20 minutes .
- After this time, check that the two forms of charcoal bread are well cooked before removing them from the oven: you can try with a wooden toothpick to check that the inside is dry, the base must be hard and take the bread in your hand. with gloves you should feel it light.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before cutting into slices.
If you like recipes of this type, you can also prepare homemade bread !
Preparation of charcoal bread with the Thermomix
- Pour the water and yeast into the Thermomix mug. Melt at 37 ° C, speed 2, for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and work for 2 minutes , Spiga speed.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface and continue as indicated in the previous procedure.
To stay on the "black" theme, here are all our recipes for Black Friday !
We recommend storing charcoal black bread in a cool and dry place for a maximum of 4-5 days , preferably in a special bread container so that it remains soft.
Benefits of charcoal bread (or contraindications)
Although black bread is made with vegetable charcoal, the quantity of this ingredients are not necessary to affirm that they bring with them all the benefits that are typical of this product. In fact, in this case the charcoal serves more than anything else to give the color to the dough and not help with digestion problems, flatulence or the like.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
What is special about Bruno Barbieri’s carbonara?
Bruno Barbieri's recipe for carbonara causes discussion, perhaps more for the name than for the taste. Try this particular take...
Antibiotic resistance: how to spot it and what to do
Resistance to antibiotics: causes, consequences and possible remedies to be able to try to solve the problem. Are you concerned...
Let’s find out how to prepare excellent cannelloni stuffed with meat
Meat cannelloni are an excellent first course, ideal for Sundays. Let's see together how to prepare them! Meat cannelloni are...
Reinforcement salad: a traditional Neapolitan Christmas dish
The reinforcement salad is a side dish based on papacelle, cauliflower, olives and spring onions: one of the most popular...
Don’t throw away the vegetable peels: turn them into crunchy chips!
Making baked vegetable peel chips is a great way to reduce waste in the kitchen. Here's which vegetables to use...
Fashion7 days ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Food1 week ago
Topinambur: the properties and contraindications of the Jerusalem artichoke
Fashion1 week ago
The super mini skirt in the shape of a belt: the model designed by Diesel could become a trend thanks to Dua Lipa
Recipes7 days ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?