Cherry clafoutis: a fragrant and delicious dessert
Cherry clafoutis is a delicious and elegant dessert, perfect for closing a lunch or dinner or for a superb breakfast.
Cherry clafoutis is a French dessert originally from the Limoges area. Today it is easy to find it also with other fruit or other ingredients , but the original recipe is precisely the one with cherries. This sort of cake is made by cooking cherries in a mixture very similar to that of crepes.
It is very easy to do and if you try to make it at home it will surely be very successful! What do you think, have we convinced you? Then follow us in the kitchen and let's prepare the clafoutis together!
How to make cherry clafoutis with the original recipe
- First of all, wash the cherries and clean them, removing the internal stone and stalk. It would be better not to divide them into two halves, to do this you can use the appropriate tool or there are other techniques such as using a straw or a Chinese chopstick, or even a nozzle for a pastry bag! Set them aside and in the meantime prepare the mixture for the clafoutis cake.
- In a bowl, pour the eggs and sugar and whip with electric whisk until you have obtained a homogeneous mixture.
- Once done, add the sifted flour a little at a time, the seeds obtained from the vanilla bean and the salt. Mix everything well and finally add the other ingredients – i.e. milk and liqueur. If you like, you can also add melted butter, about 30 ml melted in a bain-marie or in the microwave. The taste will be fuller and greedier, but we assure you that the recipe is very good in both versions.
- When the mixture is finally ready , place the whole cherries on the bottom of a buttered baking dish sprinkled with sugar and then pour over the batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 45/50 minutes , until the surface has taken on a beautiful golden appearance.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool, then serve it warm or cold, even the next day. And if you like, you can also add icing sugar to decorate.
If you want to follow each step here is a video recipe , with some small modifications, that you can try:
Also try the homemade cherry tart : it's a dessert that will win you over from the first bite !
Cherry clafoutis: the original recipe
Just think that the traditional French recipe for cherry clafoutis once called for the use of pitted cherries. The reason? Because they keep more flavor and don't lose too much liquid during cooking. However, we decided to remove it, to make this dessert easier to enjoy. This is the only change we have made: otherwise, the recipe for this cake is faithful to the original.
Finally, a curiosity! The origin of this sweet is peasant: the workers of the Limoges fields used to carry a piece of clafoutis with them to refresh themselves after a long day of work.
Do you also love this sweet fruit? Then try all our recipes with cherries !
The cherry clafoutis can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days covered with food film. You can enjoy it cold or heat it slightly in the oven.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
WHO advises against the use of sweeteners in diets. Let’s find out why!
The WHO has recently updated the guidelines discouraging the use of non-sugar sweeteners. Let's find out why and what are...
Pasta with courgette flowers
Simple and quick, pasta with courgette flowers is a truly delicious first course. Let's find out together how to prepare...
Here is the recipe for grilled swordfish, a delicious second course full of flavors and aromas. Today we are preparing...
Tricolor first course: tomato and burrata pasta
Tomato and burrata pasta is an ideal recipe to serve as a single dish, especially in summer. That's how simple...
June diet: the fresh and creative choice to lose weight
The June diet is a fresh and summery way to lose weight by eating with gusto. Let's find out which...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce