Mustard Chicken Drumsticks are ideal to cook when you have guests over for lunch or dinner as they are sure to wow!
Mustard spindles are a delicious and original variation of the classic baked chicken. This second meat dish, in addition to being an easy and tasty recipe to prepare, is also quite quick. For this recipe you can use the type of mustard you prefer , but the French one is the most valuable as it is made with a mixture of ground grains and then diluted with white wine and other flavourings. If it is too strong for your taste, you can make it more delicate by simply adding a teaspoon of honey, the contrast with bacon will be interesting. Let's see, then, how to prepare chicken with mustard and bacon step by step.
Preparation for the mustard chicken drumsticks recipe
- The first thing to do to make this recipe is to prepare the chicken legs, therefore, first remove the skin . This is a rather simple operation as it is enough to pull it towards the bone, downwards.
- At this point you will have to make transversal incisions on the thighs . This will allow the seasoning to penetrate better and make the chicken drumsticks even more delicious.
- Then, place the spindles in a baking dish and pour the mustard on top. Help yourself with your hands to spread and to make the mustard penetrate better.
- Let the meat marinate for about 10 minutes and set aside.
- In the meantime that the meat is seasoned, proceed with the preparation of the side dish, or the potatoes. Wash thoroughly under running water, remove the peel and cut them roughly into chunks.
- Get yourself a pan large enough to hold both the chicken drumsticks and the potatoes. Pour generously on the bottom of the extra virgin olive oil and add the freshly cut potatoes and a lightly crushed clove of unpeeled garlic. Also add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Wrap each chicken drumstick in the bacon and spread them out so they don't overlap the potatoes.
- Bake everything in a static oven at 180°C for about 50 minutes . For crispy chicken thighs, use the convection mode, but lower the temperature to 170°C. Enjoy the piping hot chicken legs with mustard and bacon accompanied by potatoes.
Mustard Bacon Chicken can be kept in the fridge for 2 days.
Lovers of strong flavours? Here is the recipe for chicken alla diavola .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...