Chicken with fresh ginger: a spicy and irresistibly tasty second course
When you want to cook a second course that is very simple but has a touch of original taste, why not focus on chicken with fresh ginger?
Chicken with fresh ginger is a very simple second course: basically it consists of simple chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces or strips, together with the tasty and very aromatic touch of ginger, which will give that original flavor to such a classic dish that comes from far East. The whole is then completed by a light sweet and sour note , thanks to the addition of vinegar and soy sauce.
Preparing Fresh Ginger Chicken Recipe
- First, peel the fresh ginger root with a vegetable peeler. Once it is well cleaned, grate it with the help of a large mesh grater or cut it into thin strips.
- Finely chop the onion and set aside.
- Take the chicken breasts and cut them into strips or bite-sized pieces.
- Pour a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into a pan, add the chopped onion and ginger. Let everything fry well , then add the chopped chicken.
- Let it cook for a few minutes, making the meat brown on the outside, then lower the heat and add the soy sauce and vinegar to the pan.
- On the side, mix about half a glass of water with the cornstarch, so that it dissolves completely, then add the liquid to the pan and mix everything well, adding salt and pepper.
- Mix the chicken well while it is cooking, taking care not to dry the sauce too much (you can add more water if necessary).
- After about 15-20 minutes , the second meat dish will be ready to be served on the table, perhaps accompanied by excellent basmati rice , to make it a single and substantial dish.
As an alternative to fresh ginger, you can also add a little powder or already finely chopped and put in a jar . Pay attention only to the quantities, the final result could become too pungent if you are not used to using this spice, for this reason we recommend adding it gradually in order to evaluate yourself according to your palate.
We recommend keeping the chicken, with all its liquid, in the fridge in a special container with a lid and for a maximum of 2-3 days . We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Dark elbows? Here are some simple and immediate natural remedies
Dark elbows are a really common problem. Let's find out how to solve it with natural remedies. That of dark...
Let’s discover a typical dish of Lazio cuisine: pan-fried Roman saltimbocca (with photos and videos)
If you don't know how to make saltimbocca alla romana, now is the time to fix it: here is the...
How to adopt a natural skin care routine for healthy skin?
The skin is the largest organ of the human body, covering an average of 15% of the body weight of...
Simple and creamy, here’s how to prepare pasta with cream and zucchini
Among the first courses with zucchini that you absolutely must try is pasta with cream and zucchini, a little old-fashioned...
Strawberries in pregnancy: what you need to know about their consumption
One of the most common questions involving pregnant women is about the consumption of strawberries during pregnancy. Let's find out,...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce