The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish dishes.
Ever heard of the chickpea cutlet? No problem, the beauty of the kitchen is due to the fact that it is always possible to prepare new dishes and recipes suitable for every occasion. These cutlets with legumes are a delicious and healthy recipe loved by young and old , a dish based on simple ingredients that you can prepare even in advance. We are sure that everyone will appreciate them. Below you will find all the secrets to prepare vegan cutlets with chickpeas and a few tricks to make them even more delicious and with a racy heart.
Preparation of the chickpea cutlet
- Take the cooked chickpeas and put them in the mixer bowl. If you use ready-made pre-packaged chickpeas, we recommend that you rinse them carefully under cold water. Blend the chickpeas until you get a homogeneous mixture .
- Add the potato starch, grated Parmigiano Reggiano, salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil. Season with paprika or chilli and mix one last time so as to mix all the ingredients in the best possible way.
- Divide the resulting mixture into two equal parts if you want to get two large cutlets or into four portions if you want to get smaller cutlets.
- Mix the flours with a few tablespoons of grated bread. Mash the dough with your hands then pass the cutlets in the breading both on one side and then on the other so as to obtain a homogeneous and uniform coverage.
- Pour a drizzle of oil into a non- stick pan . Put on the fire and let it heat up. Cook the cutlets first on one side and then on the other until they are golden brown. It will take about 2-3 minutes per side . Alternatively, you can bake the chickpea cutlets in the oven: place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, grease them lightly then cook them at 180 ° C for about 20 minutes , taking care to turn them halfway through cooking.
- Serve the cutlets immediately after cooking with a vegetable side of your choice!
Stringy chickpea cutlets
Do you want to make your cutlets even more delicious and inviting? You can add some sliced Emmenthal cheese . Here's how to proceed:
- After blending the chickpeas and preparing the mixture as indicated in the previous procedure, divide the dough according to the size you want to obtain.
- Make a bowl in each portion and place a slice of cheese inside. Cover the cheese then proceed with cooking in a pan or in the oven as indicated above.
Vegetarian chickpea cutlets
To prepare vegetarian cutlets we suggest enriching the dough with egg . The preparation is the same as the previous one except for the fact that you will have to add the beaten egg to the blended chickpeas. If the dough is too soft you can add a little more chickpea flour than the amount indicated in the original recipe.
Remember that the dough must be soft, but not sticky and workable with your hands. To give an extra touch of flavor to a vegetarian dough like this, we suggest you use aromatic herbs such as parsley or basil.
The cutlets thus prepared can be stored a couple of days after cooking . Alternatively, you can freeze them directly before cooking so as to have them ready for any eventuality.
Also try the roasted chickpeas , you won't regret it!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Trend Alert 2022 Balenciaga: when shoelaces become earrings
Balenciaga seems to have got a taste for anticipating the fashion trends of the season: the laced earrings promise to...