Falafel in the air fryer: the recipe for oriental vegetarian chickpea balls, tasty and ready in a few minutes.
A typical Arab dish, falafel are delicious vegetarian legume meatballs appreciated all over the world. Made from broad beans, chickpeas or ground beans, they are seasoned with onion, sumac (a bright red sweet and sour spice), garlic, cumin, coriander and fried in peanut oil, which enhances their taste but makes them dangerously high in calories . Today, we offer you the recipe for chickpea falafel in an air fryer. Compared to the original preparation , you will get golden and crunchy meatballs on the outside but very tender and full of flavor on the inside. Plus, they'll be low in fat! Let's see how to make falafel in an air fryer.
Preparing falafel in an air fryer
- Drain the chickpeas and pour them into the mixing bowl.
- Add the onion, the garlic clove and the spices, excluding the parsley to be added later to the sesame seeds.
- Blend the ingredients until they have a creamy consistency, but still workable with your hands.
- Transfer to a bowl and start forming meatballs.
- Arrange the falafel on a plate lined with parchment paper and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least an hour. To avoid altering the flavor and aroma of the meatballs, cover them with aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
- Arrange the falafels in the air fryer basket, being careful not to overlap them.
- Cook at 200°C for 10 minutes , being careful to turn the meatballs at least twice. We point out that according to the type of appliance in use, the cooking times could vary (extend for a few minutes or even reduce to a total of 8 minutes) therefore we suggest that you check the dish often .
- Add a few drops of extra virgin olive oil only halfway through cooking to make the meatballs crispier; otherwise, you can very well do without it. The result will be equally spectacular.
- Serve still hot , or at most lukewarm, alone with chopped fresh parsley or accompanied by some sauce.
For a crunchier version , try passing them first in the sesame seeds and then in the breadcrumbs.
Chickpea falafel in an air fryer should be enjoyed on the spot. Once cooked they cannot be stored as they would lose their original texture and crunchiness. If you prefer, you can prepare them in advance and leave them in the refrigerator still raw for no more than 4 days .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Homemade spinach: everyone likes it and allows even less convinced children to eat vegetables. With homemade baby spinach, you can...
Buckwheat crepes with radicchio and gorgonzola: delicious!
Buckwheat crêpes with radicchio and gorgonzola are a dish rich in flavor and colour, also ideal for celiacs. Buckwheat crêpes...
Linseed bread: the light recipe for a super crunchy bread
Linseed bread is an excellent leavened, crunchy and healthy product to bring to the table hot. Flaxseed bread is one...
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Chicken Cacciatore in the air fryer
We prepare the delicious chicken Cacciatore in the air fryer, a traditional second course full of good flavours. No more...