Vegetarian chickpea meatballs are good and tasty legume meatballs, fun to bring to the table on any occasion. Here are all the ways to prepare them!
Today we prepare a truly inviting and tasty dish, but also suitable for those who want to treat themselves to a moment of pleasure in the name of lightness or want to try a delicious vegetarian finger food : chickpea meatballs. These are small meatballs, which can then be baked or fried in a pan. They are fantastic to serve as a main course, but also as an aperitif during a buffet.
The recipe is very simple, and today we will also see the tips for baking, for frying and even for a vegan version . Let’s go straight to the discovery of this wonderful recipe for baked chickpea meatballs!
How to make baked chickpea meatballs
- First of all, brown the onion in a pan with the chickpeas and a drizzle of oil. It will take a few minutes , then put everything in the blender until you get a cream.
- At this point, add salt, pepper, a drizzle of oil, the eggs, and then the coarsely broken or chopped parsley . Finish with a teaspoon of mustard and then, after mixing everything, start forming meatballs with your hands.
- Pass them in the breadcrumbs, then preheat the oven and cook for 180 ° C at least 15 minutes, turning them on the other side halfway through cooking . The chickpea meatballs are ready, enjoy your meal!
To make the recipe more delicious, you can add a few tablespoons of grated cheese to the dough, but pay attention to the final mixture which must not be too savory. If you love this preparation, also try all our meatball recipes !
Preparation of fried chickpea balls
- For a more delicious version you can also fry them. The preparation (until the moment of cooking) is the same: brown the onion and cook the chickpeas in a pan with a drizzle of oil.
- Blend everything and also add salt, pepper, a drizzle of oil, eggs, parsley and a teaspoon of mustard .
- With your hands, give the mixture the shape of meatballs and dip them in a pan with already hot oil.
- After about 5 minutes in boiling oil they should be golden brown: drain with a slotted spoon and place them on a sheet of absorbent paper.
Vegan chickpea meatballs and another variation
If you think egg-free chickpea patties aren’t good, you are right. Yes, because they are very good !
In short, if you want to enjoy light and tasty baked vegetable meatballs, but also 100% VEG, all you have to do is remove the egg from the dough and follow the instructions listed above:
- Brown the chickpeas and onions, blend and add the various seasonings. If, however, there is a need for a more solid mixture, you can add a slice of bread or stale bread.
- Pass the bread in the water to make it soak, then insert it into small pieces inside the dough and blend . You will see, the texture will be firmer, and the taste will be really good too! At this point, all you have to do is continue with the steps of the main recipe.
Otherwise, for a result that is also perfect for those who follow a gluten-free diet, you can make chickpea and potato balls: just boil the latter and then mash them into the dough . In addition to giving texture, they will also give balance to the flavor thanks to their sweetness!
If you liked these meatballs, also try thechickpea burger : it will be like preparing a mega chickpea meatball full of flavor and that you can also enjoy between two slices of bread: yum ! And finally, don’t miss all our recipes with chickpeas !
We recommend consuming these delicious canned chickpea meatballs within 2-3 days , you can keep them in the refrigerator in a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Risotto with pomegranate: a rich and colorful dish for special occasions!
It is one of the fanciest and most delicious first courses: pomegranate risotto is perfect for special occasions, but it...
Let’s see the recipe for Poppella snowflakes, a typical dessert of Naples
Let's find out together how to prepare a sweet from Naples, Poppella's Snowflakes: soft and creamy they have bewitched everyone....
The trendiest bijoux to give at Christmas are those of the Ferragni sisters: sparkling and sophisticated collections
Chiara and Valentina Ferragni inspire our looks and also our bijoux. And their jewelry collections stand out among the perfect...
The diet of Victoria’s Secret models is not the same for all: here’s what they eat
What is the Victoria Secret models diet? Always beautiful and in perfect shape, they follow a precise diet. Beautiful and...
Viva Magenta, Pantone’s sparkling color 2023 can’t be missing in your wardrobe: how to wear it
Glamorous and bold, Viva Magenta is the Pantone 2023 color we can't wait to wear A magical, surprising color, full...
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe