The chickpea and tomato soup is a tasty, nutritious and very tasty single dish to serve for a family dinner. Here is the recipe!
A dish that is nothing short of comfortable, very simple to make and very suitable for this season: it is the chickpea and tomato soup. For this recipe you can use both dried and pre-cooked chickpeas , in the latter case the cooking time will be significantly reduced. Chickpeas are very healthy legumes, widespread since the time of the ancient Romans, they are rich in proteins, mineral salts such as iron, calcium, potassium and phosphorus.
These legumes, thanks to their properties, are suitable for keeping bones in good condition , and are an excellent source of fiber, beneficial for the heart and favoring the lowering of cholesterol in a natural way.
Now let’s see all the steps in the preparation of the chickpea and cherry tomato soup recipe!
Preparation of boiled chickpea soup with tomato
- Soak the chickpeas in a bowl full of water and leave them in the water overnight .
- The next day you can start with the actual preparation; peel the onion and chop finely, peel the carrot and chop this too finely.
- Pour a drizzle of olive oil into the bottom of a pan, add the chopped carrot and onion, bay leaf and poached garlic.
- Put on the heat and sauté for 5 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring regularly.
- Add the chickpeas well drained from the soaking liquid and the tomatoes cut into wedges.
- Cover everything with hot water, bring to a boil and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the egg in a saucepan for 8-9 minutes (from the boiling water) then peel it and cut it into rings.
- When the soup is cooked, serve immediately, completing the dish with a slice of egg. Enjoy your meal!
Alternatively, if you like this legume as a basic ingredient, we recommend you try the recipe for baked chickpea meatballs .
This soup can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 days , in a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
To the north of Italy with the delicious Piedmontese mixed fried fish!
Suitable as a main course or as a single dish, this is what must not be missing in the original...
Vegan and sugar-free chestnuts: the recipe for everyone
The vegan and sugar-free castagnaccio is a reinterpretation of the traditional recipe that makes this dessert suitable for everyone and...
Respiratory insufficiency: how to recognize it and what to do when it occurs
Respiratory failure occurs when the respiratory system is unable to maintain the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide, causing the...
Christmas appetizers: the best recipes to bring to the table during the holidays
Delicious Christmas appetizers? Meat, fish, vegetables, hot and cold, we have something for all tastes: here are the recipes for...
Mulled wine, the super fragrant drink that warms up the coldest days
Ingredients and recipe for mulled wine, a very easy drink to make, very fragrant and perfect to serve on the...
Fashion1 week ago
The trends of summer 2022 that will be impossible to resist: fashion revival, bright colors and romantic laces
Fashion1 week ago
Old Money Style: the look of the American way of life goes crazy on Tik Tok
Health1 week ago
Cholinergic urticaria: what it is, how to recognize it and how to treat it
Recipes1 week ago
Homemade, fragrant and delicious: but it’s the olive bread!