Looking for something that whets your appetite, while also satisfying the palate? Let’s make coconut milk vegetables!
What about coconut milk vegetables? We are talking about a recipe that comes from Thailand, but which meets the taste of many. Mainly it is to be cataloged in vegan recipes, but it is possible to prepare it with different ingredients. On the plate, the colors and flavors of the vegetables mix with the sweet creaminess of coconut milk. It can be served as a small appetizer, as a main course, or becomes – with the addition of meat or legumes – a complete dish to be served at the table. Serve these vegetables with a plate of white basmati rice.
Vegetable curry with coconut milk is characterized by a spicy scent that makes your mouth water. Let’s find out how to prepare them together!
Preparing the recipe for coconut milk vegetables
This is a highly customizable dish, in fact, to the basic vegetables that we propose you can also add other vegetables to taste, perhaps according to the season.
- Peel and finely slice the onion. Cut the rest of the vegetables in half (carrots, potatoes, courgettes) and cut them into strips about 1 centimeter thick on a cutting board.
- Put a little oil in a pan and sauté the onion for 5 minutes , taking care to stir it every now and then.
- Add the potatoes and courgettes to the browned onion, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the carrots, and continue to cook everything for 10 minutes.
- Add your coconut milk to the pan and season with the curry and salt, and stir with a spoon, to distribute the ingredients well.
- Put the lid on the pot, lower the heat to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- After the necessary time, the vegetables will be cooked and the sauce will be gently reduced, creating a soft cream . Serve the vegetables still hot: your tasty side dish is ready!
Delicious variations of coconut milk vegetables: with chicken, shrimp or veg
The basic preparation is very versatile and lends itself to various reinterpretations.
- To prepare chicken and vegetables, take a chicken breast and cut it into small bites. After browning the onion, add the chicken to make it flavor. Then continue with the addition of the other vegetables as in the basic recipe.
- If you want to cook shrimp with vegetables instead, follow the steps of the traditional preparation of vegetables, and only at the end, in the last 3 minutes of cooking, add your shrimp. Whether frozen or fresh, these crustaceans need very little cooking. And the dish will be ready to be savored.
- To make a vegetarian curry with coconut milk, vegetables and legumes, get some chickpeas or lentils that are particularly suitable for this recipe. After browning the onion, add the chosen legumes, so that they can dry for 3 or 4 minutes . Finally, resume the basic recipe, adding the vegetables, coconut milk and spices. In about twenty minutes your vegan dish can be brought to the table and can be enjoyed by everyone as it is free of animal derivatives!
Sauteed vegetables in coconut milk can be stored for 3 days in the fridge , well placed in an airtight container, or frozen for a month in the home freezer.
Speaking of oriental dishes, you can’t miss the recipe for chicken curry with basmati rice !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Risotto with pomegranate: a rich and colorful dish for special occasions!
It is one of the fanciest and most delicious first courses: pomegranate risotto is perfect for special occasions, but it...
Let’s see the recipe for Poppella snowflakes, a typical dessert of Naples
Let's find out together how to prepare a sweet from Naples, Poppella's Snowflakes: soft and creamy they have bewitched everyone....
The trendiest bijoux to give at Christmas are those of the Ferragni sisters: sparkling and sophisticated collections
Chiara and Valentina Ferragni inspire our looks and also our bijoux. And their jewelry collections stand out among the perfect...
The diet of Victoria’s Secret models is not the same for all: here’s what they eat
What is the Victoria Secret models diet? Always beautiful and in perfect shape, they follow a precise diet. Beautiful and...
Viva Magenta, Pantone’s sparkling color 2023 can’t be missing in your wardrobe: how to wear it
Glamorous and bold, Viva Magenta is the Pantone 2023 color we can't wait to wear A magical, surprising color, full...
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe