Let's prepare a perfect dessert for Carnival: the Arlecchino cake, a special dessert that takes its name from the famous mask.
Today we're preparing an original and fun carnival cake: the Harlequin cake, a typical dessert of this party inspired by the famous mask. We are talking about a real explosion of taste and color for the palate that will surely delight those who eat it.
You will definitely be able to add this delicious recipe to your children's carnival menu! So let's see how to prepare this Carnival recipe together!
How to make Harlequin cake
- First, use a fairly large bowl, add the softened butter at room temperature and the sugar. You can also use electric beaters if you want.
- Once you have obtained a homogeneous and creamy mixture, add the eggs , one at a time, stirring constantly the mixture.
- Flavor the base you have created with the grated rind of a lemon.
- With a sieve, incorporate the flour, baking powder and then the starch. Mix everything to obtain a well blended mixture and add the milk. Keep mixing from bottom to top, combining all the ingredients perfectly.
- Now divide the base you have obtained into 4 different containers, one of these will remain with a neutral tone. In each bowl, add a dash of different colored food coloring . Mix the color well with the base (you can also increase or decrease the colors depending on the dyes you have available).
- Grease and flour a cake pan with a diameter of about 22 cm and start assembling.
- Pour two tablespoons of neutral batter into the center of the pan , then continue by adding 2 tablespoons of batter with the first color on top, two more with the second and finally another two spoonfuls with the third colored batter. Do not stop and proceed in this way until the contents of all the bowls are finished.
- Place in a preheated oven at a temperature of 180°C for about 40 minutes .
- Cover the carnival cake with chocolate spreadable cream (or jam or honey) and decorate it as you like with colored sprinkles or tails. Serve your Arlecchino cake on the table and enjoy your meal!
If you really want to go overboard , discover all our Carnival sweets !
We recommend keeping the cake in a cool, dry place, away from sources of light and heat, for a maximum of 2-3 days and better if under a special bell for cakes.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
How to cook potatoes in the microwave in minutes: here are all the secrets!
If you're short on time but want to enjoy an excellent side dish, we'll explain how to cook potatoes in...
Let’s taste the lightness of the chocolate water muffins
Chocolate water muffins are super light and soft treats, to be made with just a few ingredients and without eggs...
Antidepressant foods: what they are and why they work
Antidepressant foods can help lift your mood and keep it stable over time. Let's find out which are the most...
From French cuisine comes the Rossini fillet, delicious and elegant
Fillet alla Rossini is a second course based on beef fillet, enriched with foie gras and black truffle. From French...
Black gums, causes and symptoms: the alarm bell of a serious problem
Black gums should never be underestimated because they could be the alarm bell of a serious problem. Have you noticed...
Recipes1 week ago
How to make crepes: the simple video recipe for making the neutral dough (and some tasty inspiration)
Fashion6 days ago
Paris Fashion Week 2023: The most beautiful and eccentric looks of the front row
Recipes1 week ago
Pici cacio e pepe: the video recipe of the first course prepared from scratch!
Beauty1 week ago
Degradé on brown hair: for each style its nuance