Couscous with zucchini and prawns is the perfect summer recipe, excellent to be enjoyed cold at work or during trips out of town.
The arrival of summer invites us to prepare delicious recipes excellent to be enjoyed cold such as couscous, zucchini and prawns. These durum wheat semolina grains, to the detriment of the exotic appearance, are one of the most cooked products in Sicily. They have an incredible speed of preparation and versatility like few other ingredients.
If you still have some doubts in preparing cold couscous with zucchini and shrimps, perhaps we could convince you by saying that it is essentially pasta prepared in another format. In the end, it is always semolina ! Our recipe with zucchini and shrimps then, scented with fresh parsley and lemon zest , will finish its work of seduction. Ready to cook?
How to prepare the couscous recipe with zucchini and prawns
- First, pour the couscous into a large bowl and cover it with double its volume of boiling salted water. Specifically, for a cup of couscous you will need two cups of water: the important thing is to always use the same cup as the unit of measurement. Cover with a plate or lid and let it rehydrate for 10 minutes .
- Meanwhile, prepare the other ingredients. Wash the courgettes , trim them and cut them into rather small chunks. Cook them in a pan with two tablespoons of oil and the clove of garlic until tender (about 10 minutes), then season with salt and pepper.
- Separately, in another pan, heat a little oil and cook the shrimp for a couple of minutes. They are ready when they take on a nice pink color .
- Once the couscous has absorbed all the water, shell it with a fork and season with a drizzle of oil. Add the courgettes (remember to remove the garlic clove), the shrimps and flavor everything with a grated lemon zest and the freshly chopped parsley . To taste, add a grind of black pepper.
- Let the couscous rest in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours before serving.
If you love delicious recipes, we suggest you also try our cous cous with vegetables , another perfect recipe for the summer.
Couscous is one of those dishes that gains in flavor over time. After a day, the beans will have absorbed all the flavors of the ingredients and will taste even better. Our advice is to keep it in the refrigerator for a maximum of 3 days and consume it cold or at room temperature.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...