Couscous with zucchini and prawns is the perfect summer recipe, excellent to be enjoyed cold at work or during trips out of town.
The arrival of summer invites us to prepare delicious recipes excellent to be enjoyed cold such as couscous, zucchini and prawns. These durum wheat semolina grains, to the detriment of the exotic appearance, are one of the most cooked products in Sicily. They have an incredible speed of preparation and versatility like few other ingredients.
If you still have some doubts in preparing cold couscous with zucchini and shrimps, perhaps we could convince you by saying that it is essentially pasta prepared in another format. In the end, it is always semolina ! Our recipe with zucchini and shrimps then, scented with fresh parsley and lemon zest , will finish its work of seduction. Ready to cook?
How to prepare the couscous recipe with zucchini and prawns
- First, pour the couscous into a large bowl and cover it with double its volume of boiling salted water. Specifically, for a cup of couscous you will need two cups of water: the important thing is to always use the same cup as the unit of measurement. Cover with a plate or lid and let it rehydrate for 10 minutes .
- Meanwhile, prepare the other ingredients. Wash the courgettes , trim them and cut them into rather small chunks. Cook them in a pan with two tablespoons of oil and the clove of garlic until tender (about 10 minutes), then season with salt and pepper.
- Separately, in another pan, heat a little oil and cook the shrimp for a couple of minutes. They are ready when they take on a nice pink color .
- Once the couscous has absorbed all the water, shell it with a fork and season with a drizzle of oil. Add the courgettes (remember to remove the garlic clove), the shrimps and flavor everything with a grated lemon zest and the freshly chopped parsley . To taste, add a grind of black pepper.
- Let the couscous rest in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours before serving.
If you love delicious recipes, we suggest you also try our cous cous with vegetables , another perfect recipe for the summer.
Couscous is one of those dishes that gains in flavor over time. After a day, the beans will have absorbed all the flavors of the ingredients and will taste even better. Our advice is to keep it in the refrigerator for a maximum of 3 days and consume it cold or at room temperature.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Are you looking for some quick biscuits? Try the nutellotti
All you need are 3 ingredients and less than 5 minutes to prepare nutellotti. And it takes even less to...
Pandora bijoux gift ideas 2022: charms and jewels to give and treat yourself
Among charms, rings to compose and necklaces, Pandora again this year suggests sparkling gifts for Christmas Jewels have always been...
Oily skin skincare: here are the five basic steps
In the case of oily skin, daily skincare with ad hoc products is very important: let's see what the basic...
Spaghetti with three tomatoes, a simply genuine dish!
Are you looking for a simple and tasty first course? Try the spaghetti with three tomatoes recipe, made only with...
Is using social media at the table bad?
Using social networks and smartphones at the table is now common among adults and children: a habit that involves risks....
Recipes1 week ago
Mulled wine, the super-scented drink that warms up the coldest days
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe