Do you want something refreshing and detoxing after binges? Try the cream of thistles and peas.
A good creamy dish like our cream of thistles and peas is always a comfort for the palate but also for the stomach, which we have certainly put to the test on holidays.
This soup is prepared with thistles, which have a taste reminiscent of artichokes, with very fine frozen peas, and then with the inevitable potatoes, which give that contribution of starch that is necessary in a proper cream .
How to make the cream of thistles
- Start cleaning the thistles very well. You will have to remove the leaves, then cut them into chunks and dip them in water and lemon. Then, boil them in water for about thirty minutes.
- After having drained them, remove the filament from the thistles , using a small knife, then cut them into small pieces.
- Heat the vegetable broth, and in the meantime peel and cut the potatoes into pieces.
- Chop the small white onion and brown it in a pan with extra virgin olive oil. Add the frozen fine peas, the thistles cut into small pieces, the peeled and diced potatoes into the pan. Cover everything with the boiling vegetable broth, season with salt and then let it cook over low heat for about half an hour.
- Prepare the croutons: cut the slices of bread into small pieces, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake at 180 ° C for a few minutes.
- When the vegetables are well cooked, blend them with an immersion blender , to obtain a nice smooth cream, and then season with extra virgin olive oil, pepper and parmesan croutons.
You can enrich this cream with cheese croutons : just sprinkle the bread cubes with grated Parmesan before putting them in the oven.
Also discover all our recipes with thistles !
ENJOY YOUR MEAL!
We recommend keeping this cream in the fridge for a maximum of 1-2 days , preferably inside a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Presnitz: the Trieste dessert with noble origins!
According to some testimonies it was created for Princess Sissi. Either way, the Presnitz quick recipe is tasty and easy...
Let’s find out how to prepare the brandacujun with the Ligurian recipe
The recipe for brandacujun comes directly from western Liguria, a creamed cod with potatoes with an intense flavor and creamy...
How okonomiyaki is prepared, a typical dish of Japanese cuisine
If you are looking for quick and easy recipes that come from afar, okonomyaki, Japanese pancakes with vegetables, is worth...
What is holistic massage: all about this practice for body and mind
Holistic massage has numerous benefits, both for the body and for the mind. Let’s see together what they are, and...
Bublanina is a truly amazing Czechoslovakian dessert with cherries
Bublanina is a simple cherry pie typical of the Czech Republic prepared with a dough similar to sponge cake. Literally...