Get ready because the same thing happens with cream pancakes as with cherries: one leads to another! Here is our recipe for preparing them.
Cream pancakes are often only considered when talking about Carnival desserts. In reality, these fried delights , filled with custard and dipped in sugar, are also prepared at other times of the year. You will discover the reason only after tasting one. And then another, and so on until there is no trace of your cream-filled pancakes left!
The recipe is quite simple and allows you to effortlessly prepare stuffed Carnival pancakes that would make the pastry shop envious . To do this you must first prepare the classic choux pastry , that of cream puffs so to speak, which then once fried will swell and remain empty inside. It is precisely there that we are going to put the filling to obtain the pancakes with custard that we are waiting for so long.
How to prepare the cream pancakes recipe
- To prepare the stuffed pancakes recipe, start with the custard. Heat the milk with the vanilla pod cut in half lengthwise and its seeds.
- Separately, with a whisk, beat the egg yolks with 100 g of sugar and 30 g of corn starch .
- Once the milk has reached the boil, pour it over the eggs, stirring well, and put it back on the heat, remembering to remove the berry. Once the boiling resumes, it will take a few minutes to obtain the right consistency of the cream.
- Let it cool and transfer it into a pastry bag fitted with a syringe nozzle.
- Now you can dedicate yourself to making the pancake dough. Heat the water in a saucepan and when it has reached the boil add the butter , a pinch of salt and 50 g of sugar . Flavored with lemon zest.
- Remove it from the heat and add the sifted flour , mixing with a kitchen spatula.
- Then put it back on the heat and let the mixture cook until it begins to detach from the walls, forming a whitish film on the bottom.
- Add the eggs , one at a time, waiting for the previous one to be absorbed, stirring constantly, until you obtain a rather sticky mixture.
- Now heat a pan with plenty of seed oil and when it reaches 170°C start frying the pancakes. Help yourself with two teaspoons so that they are not too large: the baked goods will tend to grow a lot, just like the cream puffs.
- When they are golden brown on both sides, drain them with a slotted spoon and pass them on absorbent paper.
- Now fill the pancakes, syringing the cream inside, then dip them in granulated (or icing) sugar and serve. Freshly made they are even better but we are sure you already know this!
And here is a perfect video recipe to ensure you don't miss a single step in preparing the dessert:
The cream pancakes will keep for a maximum of two days . In fact, they are not suitable for being placed in the refrigerator and the presence of the cream outside makes them easily perishable. However, if you realize that there are too many for you, don't fill them all: keep the pancakes separately, in a bag, and the cream in the refrigerator, filling them little by little.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...