The crunchy squash squash is an excellent alternative to bread to serve as an appetizer. Here is the recipe to make it in the oven.
We love pumpkin recipes and would really like to try them all. Every time it is a pleasant discovery, as in the case of the pumpkin flatbread. This sort of pumpkin focaccia prepared without yeast and with a little flour is perfect to be enjoyed as an aperitif accompanied by sauces and cheeses.
Even the least pumpkin lovers will be able to appreciate it because its crunchy texture makes it irresistible to say the least. Furthermore, the basic recipe can be modified practically effortlessly by replacing the pumpkin with other ingredients such as potatoes, courgettes or carrots. Here are all the steps to make it happen.
How to prepare the squash squash recipe
- First, remove the skin and seeds from the peel and grate it with a grater with large holes. The squash (or butternut) is perfect for this recipe because it is compact, sweet but easy to peel.
- In a bowl, pour the water, the oil and the egg and mix quickly.
- Incorporate flour, Parmesan cheese and salt and only finally the grated pumpkin by mixing it with the batter .
- Cover the dripping pan with parchment paper or oil it to perfection and pour the mixture, distributing the pumpkin with a spatula if it should concentrate in one point.
- cook at 180°C for 35 minutes until it turns golden and crunchy, then take it out of the oven and let it cool down before serving.
The squash squash was literally snapped up so we decided to try our hand at the potato one as well. Try them both and decide which one is your favourite.
The pumpkin squash can be kept in an airtight container, out of the fridge, for a couple of days.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
From French cuisine comes the Rossini fillet, delicious and elegant
Fillet alla Rossini is a second course based on beef fillet, enriched with foie gras and black truffle. From French...
Black gums, causes and symptoms: the alarm bell of a serious problem
Black gums should never be underestimated because they could be the alarm bell of a serious problem. Have you noticed...
Chicken curry with milk accompanied by basmati rice: the video recipe of the oriental dish!
Here is the original recipe for chicken curry with basmati rice, a dish full of heady flavors and aromas: bring...
Risotto with turnip greens, an excellent first course
How to prepare a vegetarian first course to serve for lunch or dinner? Here is the recipe for risotto with...
Spaghetti with walnuts and anchovies: simplicity and flavor at the table!
Spaghetti with walnuts and anchovies is an original first course and so easy to prepare that it will amaze even...
Recipes1 week ago
How to make crepes: the simple video recipe for making the neutral dough (and some tasty inspiration)
Fashion6 days ago
Paris Fashion Week 2023: The most beautiful and eccentric looks of the front row
Recipes1 week ago
Pici cacio e pepe: the video recipe of the first course prepared from scratch!
Beauty1 week ago
Degradé on brown hair: for each style its nuance