If you are looking for quick and easy recipes based on fish, we recommend you try the cuttlefish alla veneziana, an amazing Venetian recipe.
With all the kilometers of coastline that Italy has it is really impossible to know all the fish recipes that exist. For example, we have recently discovered cuttlefish alla veneziana, one of the delicious second courses of the Venetian tradition which involves cooking the cuttlefish directly with their black . The result is a very particular dish not only in appearance but also in taste that lends itself well to being served with polenta .
The most complex part of preparing Venetian black cuttlefish is cleaning the fish. For this you can get around the problem by asking the fishmonger to do it for you but make sure that you keep the bag with the black! However, if you do not find fish with its bag, you can opt for a defrosted or frozen product and buy the squid ink separately, which can be found in the most well-stocked supermarkets.
How to prepare the recipe for Venetian cuttlefish
- To prepare this typical product, start by detaching the cuttlefish tentacles. Remove the beak, the bag with the black (to keep) and the inner bone. To do this, you can easily open the book bag. Alternatively, ask the fishmonger to clean the cuttlefish for you.
- In a pan, sauté the chopped onion, the garlic clove and the chopped parsley with a knife in oil.
- Add the cuttlefish cut into strips of one centimeter on each side and leave them tasteless for a couple of minutes before blending with the white wine.
- When you no longer smell alcohol rising from the pan, add the tomato puree, cuttlefish ink and a ladle of water.
- Cook with the lid on for an hour and a half over low heat, adding more water if necessary and, if necessary, salt. Serve hot.
We recommend serving the Venetian sepiolite with polenta : you will feel like you are catapulted into the Veneto! Another typical recipe that you cannot miss are the Venetian-style folpetti , the undisputed protagonists of cicchetti . To prepare the cuttlefish in white Venetian style, instead, proceed as per the recipe but omit both the tomato sauce and the cuttlefish ink. To cook the fish you will have to help yourself with water or vegetable broth, but it will take 30-40 minutes for them to be ready.
Venetian black cuttlefish can be kept in the refrigerator for a maximum of one day . We advise you to heat them in a pan before consuming them.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...