Delicious donuts filled with cream: an irresistible dessert!
The donuts with custard are fried bombs made with soft leavened dough, perfect for breakfast or for a delicious treat.
Today we prepare an irresistible dessert, cream donuts! Typical of breakfast at the bar together with croissants, they are also traditional carnival desserts. Soft and delicious on the inside, fluffy on the outside, these sweets are real sins of gluttony, and you can also stuff them with Nutella, chocolate, jam or anything else that tickles your palate. Let's go immediately to prepare them together, the result will be… a bomb!
How to make fried donuts
- Start by preparing the dough using the planetary mixer (but if you don't have one you can also use a simple bowl and knead by hand): pour the flour, salt, sugar and grated lemon zest into the bowl of the planetary mixer equipped with the appropriate hook. Activate the planetary mixer and start mixing the ingredients at medium speed.
- Continue adding half a dose of milk (where you have dissolved the fresh brewer's yeast) and only when it has been well absorbed add the rest of the milk. Only when all the milk has been completely absorbed add the egg, let it work for about ten minutes to compact the ingredients and finally add the soft butter a little at a time.
- Work the dough until you get a smooth and compact dough, cover it with transparent food film and let it rest until doubled in size (preferably for about 10 hours ).
- After the leavening hours, pick up the dough and put it on a floured cutting board. Let it rest for about ten minutes then roll it out with a rolling pin forming a rectangle about 2 cm thick .
- With an 8 cm diameter mold, cut many disks (with these doses you will get about 5 ), arrange them on a baking tray lined with baking paper, cover with plastic wrap or a clean cloth and let rise again for an hour.
- After the standing time, place a frying pan with high edges on the heat and heat the oil.
- Cut the parchment paper so as to remove each circle of dough without touching the dough and fry the donuts one or at most two at a time, turning them a couple of times.
- Brown them well, then lift the donuts with a slotted spoon , dry them quickly with kitchen paper.
- Leave to cool and only at this point sprinkle the surface with icing sugar or pass them in a small bowl of granulated sugar.
- Finally, fill with the custard using a sac-à-few. Your cream bombs are ready, enjoy your meal!
Alternatively, we suggest you try the Neapolitan staples .
The variants of donuts in the oven
The recipe, as we explained it to you previously, is correct. However, you can also try a lighter version thanks to the different cooking method. In fact, you can cook the donuts with cream in the oven, putting them in the oven at 180°C for about 15 minutes until they are golden brown.
Once cooked, proceed to decorate with sugar and stuffing.
We recommend consuming the donuts at the moment, both for the question of frying but also for the softness of the dough. You can also keep them in the fridge for up to 1 day , preferably in a special container with a lid.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Have you ever made pasta with courgette flowers?
Simple and quick, pasta with courgette flowers is a truly delicious first course. Let's find out together how to prepare...
Grilled swordfish: here’s how to cook it without making mistakes
Here is the recipe for grilled swordfish, a delicious second course full of flavors and aromas. Today we are preparing...
Impossible to resist the cherry strudel
There is nothing better than a cherry strudel to round off the evening. Serve it with a scoop of ice...
Delicious turmeric and zucchini risotto
Today we're preparing turmeric and zucchini risotto, a first course listed among the gluten-free recipes par excellence: delicious! Who doesn't...
ASMR: what it is and how it manages to reconcile sleep and relaxation
ASMR is a phenomenon that has spread more and more in recent years and which consists of watching but, above...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce