Deruny are a Ukrainian recipe for making savory potato-based pancakes, also excellent for an alternative breakfast.
The recipe for deruny comes from the gastronomic tradition of Ukraine. These are savory pancakes, made with potatoes . This is a very ancient preparation, popular and very simple to make. The pancakes are crunchy and substantial, a delicious dish. The dough is based on potatoes , eggs and flour; This typical product can be flavored by adding onion or chives. Traditionally it is prepared for breakfast , in its country of origin, but for us, who have different habits, it is also an excellent idea for a snack or as an appetizer. Furthermore, we recommend pairing these Ukrainian pancakes with sour cream or yogurt to make them even tastier.
Preparing the recipe for deruny
- To begin with, wash and then peel the potatoes.
- Grate them and collect them in a sieve, pressing them with a spoon ; in this way they lose all the excess water.
- In a bowl, peel the egg. Sift the flour and add it to the bowl.
- Then, mix everything with a fork, so as to combine the ingredients.
- Season with a little salt and add the grated potatoes. Mix again to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Heat a pan on the stove and pour in enough oil for frying.
- Take a little dough at a time and shape it like a flattened pancake. Gradually dip it into the hot oil.
- Fry the pancakes on one side until golden, then turn them over to the other side and brown that too.
- After a few minutes , you can take them out and drain them, then place them on a tray covered with absorbent paper to dry them.
- Plate the pancakes and flavor them with chives, then accompany them with a sauce.
Deruny are excellent for a savory snack or as an appetizer. The best advice is to consume them immediately , avoiding storage.
Don't you find any similarities with Swiss rosti ?
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...