Preparing the Bolognese fiordilatte is not that difficult however you will have to arm yourself with time and patience. The result, however, will be sensational.
When you think of Emilia Romagna and its gastronomic tradition, desserts are certainly not the first courses that come to mind. Yet this land keeps a secret well hidden, that which concerns the preparation of the Bolognese fiordilatte. This typical recipe has very ancient origins and was born from the need to keep milk and eggs for a long time, two perishable goods available in quantity in the countryside.
The story of the Bolognese fiordilatte is therefore this: a dessert born out of necessity but so good that from the countryside it reached the tables of the nobles, becoming the dessert of their parties. But be careful, the original recipe in its simplicity requires time and patience but we are sure that once you have tried the fiordilatte pudding you will forget all the effort made.
How to prepare the Bolognese fiordilatte recipe
- Bring the milk to the boil with the vanilla bean cut lengthwise and let it reduce for an hour and a half. Turn off and let cool.
- Separately, beat the eggs and yolks with 7 tablespoons of sugar and vanilla sugar, then add the milk slowly, filtering it with a fine mesh strainer.
- Put the fiordilatte mold on the heat and spread the remaining sugar on the bottom, making it caramelize without burning.
- Pour the liquid into the mold and cook it in a bain- marie over the heat for 2 hours , making sure that there is always enough water. To check the cooking, insert the blade of a knife and make sure that it comes out completely dry.
- You can serve the sweet fiordilatte right away or put it in the friogrfero until ready to consume it. All you have to do is turn it upside down on a serving plate to see the delicious layer of caramel dripping.
If you liked this recipe, also try Grandma Albertina’s cake , typical of Bologna.
Keep the fiordilatte in the refrigerator for 3-4 days , well covered with plastic wrap.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Risotto with pomegranate: a rich and colorful dish for special occasions!
It is one of the fanciest and most delicious first courses: pomegranate risotto is perfect for special occasions, but it...
Let’s see the recipe for Poppella snowflakes, a typical dessert of Naples
Let's find out together how to prepare a sweet from Naples, Poppella's Snowflakes: soft and creamy they have bewitched everyone....
The trendiest bijoux to give at Christmas are those of the Ferragni sisters: sparkling and sophisticated collections
Chiara and Valentina Ferragni inspire our looks and also our bijoux. And their jewelry collections stand out among the perfect...
The diet of Victoria’s Secret models is not the same for all: here’s what they eat
What is the Victoria Secret models diet? Always beautiful and in perfect shape, they follow a precise diet. Beautiful and...
Viva Magenta, Pantone’s sparkling color 2023 can’t be missing in your wardrobe: how to wear it
Glamorous and bold, Viva Magenta is the Pantone 2023 color we can't wait to wear A magical, surprising color, full...
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe