To give pandoro a new face, especially if there is any leftover, there is nothing better than pandoro zuccotto.
At Christmas, one is literally overwhelmed by panettone and pandoro and although they are delicious, they get boring after a while. To recycle leftover pandoro, there's nothing better than preparing a pandoro zuccotto, perfect to serve as a dessert on winter Sundays or as an Epiphany dessert.
The preparation is really simple but, thanks to the delicious ricotta, philadelphia and chocolate chip filling , it will take on a whole new flavour. Once out of the pie, you can also cover it with a layer of cream and decorate it all with bitter cocoa or chocolate flakes, but we guarantee you that the filling is already sufficient in itself to ennoble the dessert.
How to prepare the Zuccotto recipe
- First cut the pandoro into 1 cm thick slices .
- Then prepare the cream by working the cheese, ricotta and sugar in a bowl with an electric whisk, so as to obtain a smooth cream.
- Then add the chocolate chips and give a quick mix with a kitchen spatula. If you like, at this stage, you can flavor the cream with vanilla extract.
- Line a bowl entirely with plastic wrap and arrange the pandoro slices, pressing down a little and trying not to leave spaces between one and the other.
- Pour the cream inside leaving a centimeter from the edge and close with more sliced pandoro. Cover with excess film and refrigerate for 6 hours .
- Then remove the film from the base and turn the zuccotto upside down on a serving plate, then remove the remaining film.
- Whip the cream with an electric whisk and cover the zuccotto with the help of a spatula. An even, thin layer is sufficient. Decorate with cocoa powder and serve.
If you are looking for other ideas, take a look at the Christmas zuccotto , one of the most versatile desserts ever.
Pandoro zuccotto can be kept in the refrigerator for 3 days . Serve it very cold to ensure its compactness when cut.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
How to cook potatoes in the microwave in minutes: here are all the secrets!
If you're short on time but want to enjoy an excellent side dish, we'll explain how to cook potatoes in...
Let’s taste the lightness of the chocolate water muffins
Chocolate water muffins are super light and soft treats, to be made with just a few ingredients and without eggs...
Antidepressant foods: what they are and why they work
Antidepressant foods can help lift your mood and keep it stable over time. Let's find out which are the most...
From French cuisine comes the Rossini fillet, delicious and elegant
Fillet alla Rossini is a second course based on beef fillet, enriched with foie gras and black truffle. From French...
Black gums, causes and symptoms: the alarm bell of a serious problem
Black gums should never be underestimated because they could be the alarm bell of a serious problem. Have you noticed...
Recipes1 week ago
How to make crepes: the simple video recipe for making the neutral dough (and some tasty inspiration)
Fashion6 days ago
Paris Fashion Week 2023: The most beautiful and eccentric looks of the front row
Recipes1 week ago
Pici cacio e pepe: the video recipe of the first course prepared from scratch!
Beauty1 week ago
Degradé on brown hair: for each style its nuance