Let's go to the discovery of a typical Sicilian appetizer, dried tomatoes stuffed with breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley and anchovies. A real treat!
There is a typical Sicilian appetizer little known outside the regional borders and it is the stuffed dried tomatoes. After all, which region more than Sicily can boast so many sunny days in a year, essential for drying tomatoes in a natural way ?
If you've never tried this recipe, you don't know what you're missing. As with all typical products, also in this case there are several variations . The base, however, remains the same: dried tomatoes stuffed with breadcrumbs flavored with garlic and parsley , sometimes capers and anchovies. Some prepare the stuffed dried tomatoes in the oven, others fry them, there are those who use those in oil to speed up the processes and those who follow the original recipe step by step. In short, as always when it comes to tradition it is not easy to clarify.
How to prepare the recipe for stuffed dried tomatoes
- First, get some dried tomatoes and put them to soak in a bowl filled with water for at least an hour so that they lose some of their flavor.
- Meanwhile, melt the anchovies in the oil over low heat.
- Add them to the breadcrumbs and flavor everything with parsley and garlic finely chopped with a knife. If you like, you can add a couple of teaspoons of rinsed and chopped capers.
- Put a teaspoon of the mixture on each rehydrated tomato and then close with a toothpick. Alternatively you can cover everything like a sandwich with another dried tomato.
- At this point you can bake at 200 ° C for 10 minutes or fry in a pan with a drizzle of oil for 2 minutes per side. Either way they will be great.
Buying ready-made tomatoes is certainly the fastest choice but if you have plenty of them and you can enjoy beautiful summer days then our advice is to prepare homemade sun-dried tomatoes .
Stuffed dried tomatoes can be kept in the refrigerator, well covered with plastic wrap, for a couple of days .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Map of pimples: each area of the face corresponds to an organ
What is the pimple map for? Let's find out together and see which organs the areas of the face are...
How to toast pumpkin seeds: the video recipe to prepare a healthy and crunchy snack
Roasted pumpkin seeds: quick and easy recipe to prepare a tasty snack at home to nibble on at any time...
The most popular s/s 2023 collections by Valentino and Dior, followed by Balmain and Givenchy: the most beautiful inspo looks
The spring/summer 2023 fashion shows sum up: the ranking of the most popular according to Spotlight Dreamy, captivating, sensual, the...
What is ADHD, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
ADHD: what it is, causes, symptoms and everything you need to know about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity...
Gnocchi alla bava, the super stringy recipe
Gnocchi alla bava are a very quick first course to prepare, but above all they are incredibly tasty: you will...
Fashion6 days ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Food1 week ago
Topinambur: the properties and contraindications of the Jerusalem artichoke
Fashion7 days ago
The super mini skirt in the shape of a belt: the model designed by Diesel could become a trend thanks to Dua Lipa
Recipes6 days ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?