Euro-saving recipe: try the baked rice, delicious and tasty!
Here is the recipe for baked rice au gratin, a delicious dish that meets taste and simplicity: ideal to bring to the table for any occasion!
Imagine a rich, substantial, colorful and tasty dish: yes, that's it, stringy baked rice, a dish that resembles a flan and is truly delicious . To make this dish you can actually use the ingredients you like best, but we have thought of something quick and immediate, perfect for reusing leftover rice from the day before and proposing it in a totally new and captivating guise.
In this regard, a note must be made: if you use already cooked rice , what you will have to do is prepare the sauce and then add it to the rice, while if you have to cook it, you can directly cook it with the tomato sauce in a pot or boil it and drain it al dente!
Serve this rice also as a single dish during a lunch, or cut it into small portions and enjoy it as a first course! Ready? So let's get to the stove and get to work!
How to make baked rice
- Take the onion, cut it finely and put it to fry in a saucepan with extra virgin olive oil.
- When it is wilted , pour the tomato, salt and pepper and also add a few fresh basil leaves and cook for about 30-40 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cut the mozzarella to taste and put it to drain so that it loses all the excess water and whey.
- At this point it's the rice's turn: if it's already cooked, such as leftover boiled rice, add it after about 30 minutes (when the sauce is practically ready); if it is raw, on the other hand, dilute the tomato with a little water and cook it according to the times on the package.
- When the tomato rice is cooked, then it's time for the cheese: put the diced mozzarella and the grated cheese, mix and then put everything in a baking dish .
- Before going into the oven you can also finish with more cheese, two remaining slices of mozzarella and a basil leaf on the surface.
- Bake at 220°C for about 15 minutes , until the surface is nice au gratin.
The dish is ready, bon appetit! If you don't want to cook the rice directly in the puree, here is a video recipe to prepare it with boiled rice:
Also try all our wonderful recipes with rice !
This recipe for baked rice with sauce and cheese is very good eaten immediately, but like lasagna it releases even more aromas the day after cooking. You can keep it in the fridge for 2-3 days , and reheat it if necessary by putting it back in the oven.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Have you ever made pasta with courgette flowers?
Simple and quick, pasta with courgette flowers is a truly delicious first course. Let's find out together how to prepare...
Grilled swordfish: here’s how to cook it without making mistakes
Here is the recipe for grilled swordfish, a delicious second course full of flavors and aromas. Today we are preparing...
Impossible to resist the cherry strudel
There is nothing better than a cherry strudel to round off the evening. Serve it with a scoop of ice...
Delicious turmeric and zucchini risotto
Today we're preparing turmeric and zucchini risotto, a first course listed among the gluten-free recipes par excellence: delicious! Who doesn't...
ASMR: what it is and how it manages to reconcile sleep and relaxation
ASMR is a phenomenon that has spread more and more in recent years and which consists of watching but, above...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce