Fairytale soup is a traditional dish based on legumes, pasta and sausage, a true winter comfort food.
Fairytale soup: what a beautiful name for a dish. It immediately evokes something comforting , capable of warming the soul but also the cold limbs. Essentially, it is a legume soup enriched with sausage and pasta , thick and creamy.
The preparation is simple but, just like all traditional recipes with legumes, also a little long. Nothing exaggerated but after soaking the legumes must cook for an hour before proceeding with the final preparation steps.
How to prepare the fairy tale soup recipe
- First, soak the legumes in cold water with a spoonful of bicarbonate for at least 12 hours. Once this is done, rinse them and cook them in a pan of unsalted water for an hour . Remove part of the water and blend them with an immersion blender then set aside.
- Chop the onion and brown it in a pan with the oil and rosemary. Add the sausage removed from the casing and crumbled with your hands and brown for a few minutes too.
- Remove the rosemary and first add the tomato paste and then the legume puree. Season with salt for about ten minutes.
- Separately, boil the pasta in plenty of salted water then add it to the blended beans. Adjust the consistency of the soup with the cooking water from the legumes kept aside.
- Serve hot, completing with a drizzle of raw oil if desired.
There is no better season than winter to bring soups and broths to the table. How about a Tuscan ribollita ?
The fairy tale soup will keep for 2-3 days in the refrigerator . Heat it in a pan, adding a little water or broth if needed.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...