Pumpkin farrotto is an original first course perfect to be served on autumn evenings, really very tasty.
The farrotto is so called because of the cooking very similar to that of risotto with the preparation of vegetable broth. To make the pumpkin farrotto a creamy first course, you can mix it with a knob of butter at the end of cooking. This recipe is quick and easy to prepare and with the addition of some other ingredients such as sausage it can also be presented as a main dish. Furthermore, it is also a light recipe because it is low in fat . Let’s see, then, how to prepare the pumpkin farrotto step by step.
Preparation for the pumpkin farrotto recipe
- To make this recipe, the first thing to do is to prepare the vegetable broth . Peel the potatoes, the carata, clean the celery and cut the onion in half, the other half we will need for the preparation of the farrotto.
- Wash everything and add the vegetables to a pot full of water. Add a handful of coarse salt and parsley and bring to the fire . Pour in a drizzle of olive oil and cook over low heat.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauté for your farrotto. Finely chop the remaining onion and pour it into a pan. Fry with a drizzle of oil for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile , prepare the pumpkin , remove the peel and cut it into small cubes. Add it to the sauté and fry for a few minutes to make it flavor. Season with salt.
- Add a couple of ladles of broth and cover with a lid and cook for about ten minutes . Add the spelled and deglaze with a glass of white wine.
- Let it evaporate completely and add a few ladles of broth to the pan . Continue adding broth until the farro is completely cooked.
- Once cooked, add the grated Parmesan cheese and a knob of butter to whisk.
For the pumpkin and sausage farrotto variant, add 2 finely chopped sausages when you fry the onion. If you prefer, together with the pumpkin you can also add a medium potato and cook them together with ladles of broth to make an excellent pumpkin and potato farrotto. Finally, when you fry the onion, also add 100 g of diced cooked ham to give more flavor to your pumpkin and ham farrotto.
Once cooked, the farrotto can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 or 3 days and then reheated if necessary.
If you are looking for a similar but equally tasty preparation, try the pumpkin risotto recipe .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Presnitz: the Trieste dessert with noble origins!
According to some testimonies it was created for Princess Sissi. Either way, the Presnitz quick recipe is tasty and easy...
Let’s find out how to prepare the brandacujun with the Ligurian recipe
The recipe for brandacujun comes directly from western Liguria, a creamed cod with potatoes with an intense flavor and creamy...
How okonomiyaki is prepared, a typical dish of Japanese cuisine
If you are looking for quick and easy recipes that come from afar, okonomyaki, Japanese pancakes with vegetables, is worth...
What is holistic massage: all about this practice for body and mind
Holistic massage has numerous benefits, both for the body and for the mind. Let’s see together what they are, and...
Bublanina is a truly amazing Czechoslovakian dessert with cherries
Bublanina is a simple cherry pie typical of the Czech Republic prepared with a dough similar to sponge cake. Literally...