Pumpkin farrotto is an original first course perfect to be served on autumn evenings, really very tasty.
The farrotto is so called because of the cooking very similar to that of risotto with the preparation of vegetable broth. To make the pumpkin farrotto a creamy first course, you can mix it with a knob of butter at the end of cooking. This recipe is quick and easy to prepare and with the addition of some other ingredients such as sausage it can also be presented as a main dish. Furthermore, it is also a light recipe because it is low in fat . Let’s see, then, how to prepare the pumpkin farrotto step by step.
Preparation for the pumpkin farrotto recipe
- To make this recipe, the first thing to do is to prepare the vegetable broth . Peel the potatoes, the carata, clean the celery and cut the onion in half, the other half we will need for the preparation of the farrotto.
- Wash everything and add the vegetables to a pot full of water. Add a handful of coarse salt and parsley and bring to the fire . Pour in a drizzle of olive oil and cook over low heat.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauté for your farrotto. Finely chop the remaining onion and pour it into a pan. Fry with a drizzle of oil for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile , prepare the pumpkin , remove the peel and cut it into small cubes. Add it to the sauté and fry for a few minutes to make it flavor. Season with salt.
- Add a couple of ladles of broth and cover with a lid and cook for about ten minutes . Add the spelled and deglaze with a glass of white wine.
- Let it evaporate completely and add a few ladles of broth to the pan . Continue adding broth until the farro is completely cooked.
- Once cooked, add the grated Parmesan cheese and a knob of butter to whisk.
For the pumpkin and sausage farrotto variant, add 2 finely chopped sausages when you fry the onion. If you prefer, together with the pumpkin you can also add a medium potato and cook them together with ladles of broth to make an excellent pumpkin and potato farrotto. Finally, when you fry the onion, also add 100 g of diced cooked ham to give more flavor to your pumpkin and ham farrotto.
Once cooked, the farrotto can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 or 3 days and then reheated if necessary.
If you are looking for a similar but equally tasty preparation, try the pumpkin risotto recipe .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Reassuring and decisive, military green is a trendy nuance again this winter: here's how it goes, even crazy! Bold, determined,...
Purple potatoes must absolutely be included in the diet: here are the reasons
If you've never tried them, purple potatoes taste really great. Not only that, they also bring many benefits to the...
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe
Bucatini alla Caruso are a simple first course prepared with genuine ingredients typical of the Campania region. Here is the...
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Similar to custard, mousseline cream is enriched with a fair amount of butter. Here is the recipe. France is famous...
Bach flowers: a natural remedy for colds and flu
Bach flowers are valid natural remedies for colds and flu: let's see which ones to use against these diseases. Like...
Recipes1 week ago
How to make mascarpone cream: the classic recipe and with the Thermomix!
Recipes5 days ago
Reinforcement salad: a Christmas dish of the Neapolitan tradition
Recipes1 week ago
For Sunday lunch, here are the artichoke crêpes
Recipes1 week ago
Baked hake with cherry tomatoes and olives: recipe for a tasty second course