Pumpkin farrotto is an original first course perfect to be served on autumn evenings, really very tasty.
The farrotto is so called because of the cooking very similar to that of risotto with the preparation of vegetable broth. To make the pumpkin farrotto a creamy first course, you can mix it with a knob of butter at the end of cooking. This recipe is quick and easy to prepare and with the addition of some other ingredients such as sausage it can also be presented as a main dish. Furthermore, it is also a light recipe because it is low in fat . Let’s see, then, how to prepare the pumpkin farrotto step by step.
Preparation for the pumpkin farrotto recipe
- To make this recipe, the first thing to do is to prepare the vegetable broth . Peel the potatoes, the carata, clean the celery and cut the onion in half, the other half we will need for the preparation of the farrotto.
- Wash everything and add the vegetables to a pot full of water. Add a handful of coarse salt and parsley and bring to the fire . Pour in a drizzle of olive oil and cook over low heat.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauté for your farrotto. Finely chop the remaining onion and pour it into a pan. Fry with a drizzle of oil for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile , prepare the pumpkin , remove the peel and cut it into small cubes. Add it to the sauté and fry for a few minutes to make it flavor. Season with salt.
- Add a couple of ladles of broth and cover with a lid and cook for about ten minutes . Add the spelled and deglaze with a glass of white wine.
- Let it evaporate completely and add a few ladles of broth to the pan . Continue adding broth until the farro is completely cooked.
- Once cooked, add the grated Parmesan cheese and a knob of butter to whisk.
For the pumpkin and sausage farrotto variant, add 2 finely chopped sausages when you fry the onion. If you prefer, together with the pumpkin you can also add a medium potato and cook them together with ladles of broth to make an excellent pumpkin and potato farrotto. Finally, when you fry the onion, also add 100 g of diced cooked ham to give more flavor to your pumpkin and ham farrotto.
Once cooked, the farrotto can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 or 3 days and then reheated if necessary.
If you are looking for a similar but equally tasty preparation, try the pumpkin risotto recipe .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...