White fish lasagna is a delicious first course of fresh egg pasta, ideal for any occasion.
If you are looking for a fish first course that is different from the usual, but which will impress your guests, fish lasagna is the right one for you! After all, who said that lasagna should only be prepared in its traditional version with meat sauce?
For this recipe we will use prawns, squid, monkfish and seafood (mussels and clams): fresh and delicious ingredients which, together with the béchamel sauce, will create a fantastic white fish sauce.
Are you ready to prepare this delicious first course? So come on, follow us to the stove!
How to make fish lasagna
- To prepare seafood lasagna, start by cleaning the fish and setting aside the waste (except for the entrails), we will need them for a quick fish stock. Clean the squid well: remove the innards, the ink sac and the superficial cartilage. Also remove the fins and skin from the tentacles.
- Continue by carefully rinsing the prawns under cold running water, then remove the carapace entirely and remove the head. Eliminate the black thread of the intestine with the help of a small knife.
- Cut the squid into cubes, then chop the prawns and monkfish by removing the bones.
- Let's move on to opening the mussels and clams. Clean them well and rinse the molluscs in cold water, then put them in a saucepan without seasoning and put the lid on over a moderate flame .
- After about 10-15 minutes the shellfish should begin to open. Wait about twenty minutes and remove the seafood from the shell, leaving the mussels and clams that have not opened.
- Once the fish is cooked, switch to the fumet: put all the fish and shellfish scraps in a saucepan with a drizzle of oil, let them burn for a few minutes, blend with a glass of white wine and add about 650 ml of water .
- Let everything cook for about 15-20 minutes then filter the fumet and put the liquid aside to make the béchamel without milk.
- Put 60 g of butter and 60 g of flour in a saucepan, light the heat and make the roux .
- Once it has taken on a slight brown note, add all the fumet while continuing to mix to prevent lumps from forming.
- Leave it to cook, stirring, until it thickens by veiling the spoon and here is your bechamel with the fumet (we recommend leaving it slower than usual as you then have to go in the oven again).
- Now that all the elements are ready, let's see how to make fish ragu. In a large saucepan, heat a drizzle of oil and brown the garlic.
- Add the squid and the prawns and mix well, seasoning with salt and pepper before adding the monkfish too.
- Also add the clams and mussels and blend with 1 glass of white wine and a ladle of filtered water from the mussels and clams. Cook until the liquid has completely evaporated and finish with chopped fresh parsley .
- At this point you can move on to the composition of the lasagne: take a baking dish, spread a layer of béchamel on the bottom, cover with the egg pasta and then with the fish sauce for the lasagne.
- Continue like this and make all the layers. Sprinkle the surface with parsley, a final ladle of béchamel and a last handful of white fish sauce.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 15-20 minutes . Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few moments before serving.
- Your seafood and fish lasagna is ready. Bon appetit !
If you liked this recipe, we suggest you also try the salmon lasagna : another delicious variation of the traditional recipe , much easier to make! And if you can't get enough, discover all our best fish first courses .
We advise you to consume this first course within 2-3 days of its preparation. Keep the lasagna in the refrigerator, covered with transparent film. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...