For lovers of fresh pasta, here is the fish lasagna
White fish lasagna is a delicious first course of fresh egg pasta, ideal for any occasion.
If you are looking for a fish first course that is different from the usual, but which will impress your guests, fish lasagna is the right one for you! After all, who said that lasagna should only be prepared in its traditional version with meat sauce?
For this recipe we will use prawns, squid, monkfish and seafood (mussels and clams): fresh and delicious ingredients which, together with the béchamel sauce, will create a fantastic white fish sauce.
Are you ready to prepare this delicious first course? So come on, follow us to the stove!
How to make fish lasagna
- To prepare seafood lasagna, start by cleaning the fish and setting aside the waste (except for the entrails), we will need them for a quick fish stock. Clean the squid well: remove the innards, the ink sac and the superficial cartilage. Also remove the fins and skin from the tentacles.
- Continue by carefully rinsing the prawns under cold running water, then remove the carapace entirely and remove the head. Eliminate the black thread of the intestine with the help of a small knife.
- Cut the squid into cubes, then chop the prawns and monkfish by removing the bones.
- Let's move on to opening the mussels and clams. Clean them well and rinse the molluscs in cold water, then put them in a saucepan without seasoning and put the lid on over a moderate flame .
- After about 10-15 minutes the shellfish should begin to open. Wait about twenty minutes and remove the seafood from the shell, leaving the mussels and clams that have not opened.
- Once the fish is cooked, switch to the fumet: put all the fish and shellfish scraps in a saucepan with a drizzle of oil, let them burn for a few minutes, blend with a glass of white wine and add about 650 ml of water .
- Let everything cook for about 15-20 minutes then filter the fumet and put the liquid aside to make the béchamel without milk.
- Put 60 g of butter and 60 g of flour in a saucepan, light the heat and make the roux .
- Once it has taken on a slight brown note, add all the fumet while continuing to mix to prevent lumps from forming.
- Leave it to cook, stirring, until it thickens by veiling the spoon and here is your bechamel with the fumet (we recommend leaving it slower than usual as you then have to go in the oven again).
- Now that all the elements are ready, let's see how to make fish ragu. In a large saucepan, heat a drizzle of oil and brown the garlic.
- Add the squid and the prawns and mix well, seasoning with salt and pepper before adding the monkfish too.
- Also add the clams and mussels and blend with 1 glass of white wine and a ladle of filtered water from the mussels and clams. Cook until the liquid has completely evaporated and finish with chopped fresh parsley .
- At this point you can move on to the composition of the lasagne: take a baking dish, spread a layer of béchamel on the bottom, cover with the egg pasta and then with the fish sauce for the lasagne.
- Continue like this and make all the layers. Sprinkle the surface with parsley, a final ladle of béchamel and a last handful of white fish sauce.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 15-20 minutes . Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few moments before serving.
- Your seafood and fish lasagna is ready. Bon appetit !
If you liked this recipe, we suggest you also try the salmon lasagna : another delicious variation of the traditional recipe , much easier to make! And if you can't get enough, discover all our best fish first courses .
We advise you to consume this first course within 2-3 days of its preparation. Keep the lasagna in the refrigerator, covered with transparent film. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
READ ALSO: Don't throw waste away! Here's how to make fish stock
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Asparagus and bacon pasta, a mouth-watering first course! Recipe photos and videos
Simple, quick and tasty, pasta with asparagus and bacon is a perfect first course for all occasions. Here are our...
Since the 2000s with love: the Gucci Horsebit is the most Y2K shoulder it-bag of the moment
Horsebit 1955, Jackie 1961, the Gucci it-bags are the most desired and very soon the Horsebit 2003 chain will also...
Let’s find out how to prepare the perfect toast, the most popular dinner recipe
Tired of the usual trivial combinations? Take advantage of our ideas for a perfect mouth-watering toast. There is something for...
Post traumatic stress disorder: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the solutions
Post-traumatic stress disorder is a psychological response to a traumatic event. Let's find out how to recognize it and what...
Can you prepare a light chocolate cake? Yes, it’s crazy cake
The crazy cake is a light and delicious American cake, with an intense cocoa flavor but almost fat-free. Here is...