Onion soup is an inexpensive dish, but full of taste and mouth watering.
Directly from France, here is the onion soup, a dish that all lovers of this ingredient will surely like, but which could surprise even the most skeptical!
In fact, the onion is cooked here with broth and flour for a long time, and loses all its power, instead acquiring sweetness and flavor . Everything is then garnished with a slice of bread and some cheese, made stringy from the oven, where the dish is finished .
If you want a good, but above all easy, homemade dish prepared with few ingredients, French onion soup is the answer!
How to make french onion soup recipe
- Slice the onions very thinly and simmer them with oil and butter over low heat . Use a tall pot with double handles, perfect for this preparation.
- Deglaze with the white wine, then add the broth and leave to cook, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for at least 45 minutes: the onions should be melting, very soft, adding broth as needed. If needed, extend for an hour.
- Put a little flour and mix gently , then let it thicken and finally transfer the soup into single-portion earthenware cocotte .
- On each one, arrange a slice of bread and some gruyere cheese grated with a large-hole grater. Place in the oven, grill mode, for a few minutes, the time to melt the cheese .
- Serve with chives, a drizzle of raw oil and ground black pepper. Enjoy your meal!
Did you know that there is also a local version of this recipe with red onions? In that case you absolutely must also try the Tropea onion soup !
You can keep your easy onion soup recipe for about 1-2 days in the refrigerator, well covered in plastic wrap. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...