Among the traditional recipes of the Middle East stands out the zucchini mutabbal, the simple recipe for a spiced zucchini cream.
The original zucchini mutabbal recipe is very easy to make at home. To prepare this dish, traditionally eaten as an appetizer , it only takes a few minutes. The ingredients to use are also few. However, in the traditional preparation of this typical dish there is tahini ; it is a food derived from white sesame seeds, in the form of melted butter.
If you can't find the original ingredient, though, you can substitute it with sunflower butter or peanut butter . In addition to this component, they also serve you yogurt, garlic and lemon. Do not forget the zucchini, because they are the ones who give flavor to the whole dish. If we have convinced you, let's go to the discovery of these Middle Eastern flavors!
Preparation of the recipe for the zucchini mutabbal
- Start by washing and drying the zucchini carefully. You can choose whether to remove the peel or leave it; based on this choice, the intensity of the green of the final cream changes.
- Cut them lengthwise, obtaining long and thin slices .
- Pour the oil into a non-stick pan and cook over high heat for 2 minutes. Stir very often.
- Subsequently, pass over low heat and cover with the lid ; continue cooking for 5 minutes .
- At the end, check that the courgette is well cooked and soft and turn off. Let it cool down.
- When they are lukewarm, mash them with a fork or using a potato masher to reduce everything to a puree. If they release a lot of water, try to drain it to get rid of it.
- Transfer the puree to a bowl and add the yogurt, a clove of crushed garlic, the tahini (or you can replace it with peanut butter) and the lemon juice.
- Season with a handful of salt and mix everything.
- Serve and season with a little more oil.
The simple recipe for mutabbal, spiced zucchini cream, is a tasty idea to bring Middle Eastern flavors to the table. You can keep it for 2-3 days , in a container, always pouring a little oil on the surface.
Another Middle Eastern and unmissable recipe is that of the carrot salad .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
What is special about Bruno Barbieri’s carbonara?
Bruno Barbieri's recipe for carbonara causes discussion, perhaps more for the name than for the taste. Try this particular take...
Antibiotic resistance: how to spot it and what to do
Resistance to antibiotics: causes, consequences and possible remedies to be able to try to solve the problem. Are you concerned...
Let’s find out how to prepare excellent cannelloni stuffed with meat
Meat cannelloni are an excellent first course, ideal for Sundays. Let's see together how to prepare them! Meat cannelloni are...
Reinforcement salad: a traditional Neapolitan Christmas dish
The reinforcement salad is a side dish based on papacelle, cauliflower, olives and spring onions: one of the most popular...
Don’t throw away the vegetable peels: turn them into crunchy chips!
Making baked vegetable peel chips is a great way to reduce waste in the kitchen. Here's which vegetables to use...
Fashion7 days ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Food1 week ago
Topinambur: the properties and contraindications of the Jerusalem artichoke
Fashion1 week ago
The super mini skirt in the shape of a belt: the model designed by Diesel could become a trend thanks to Dua Lipa
Recipes7 days ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?