A traditional Easter recipe, much loved, is that of monachina eggs. A Campania appetizer made of hard-boiled eggs, worked with bechamel, breaded and fried!
For the series “quick and easy recipes”, we present the eggs monachina. For those unfamiliar with them, it is a delicious appetizer, which can also be presented as a second course. The original recipe of this typical Neapolitan product is very simple. It starts by making hard- boiled eggs which are then stuffed with a creamy filling, in which the béchamel is placed.
The peculiarity lies on the outside, because they are breaded and fried . The crunchy shell makes this preparation more captivating, which is very soft inside. It is a really tasty product, which is part of the long list of Neapolitan recipes that are handed down from generation to generation. The origins of the monachina eggs, in fact, are very distant and, even today, they are prepared for the Easter lunch .
Preparation of the recipe for eggs monachina
- It all begins with cooking the main ingredient. Fill a saucepan with cold water , then dip 8 eggs inside. Turn on the flame and, from the moment it reaches a boil, cook for 10 minutes.
- After this time, turn off and remove from the water to cool down.
- Prepare the bechamel. Put the butter in a saucepan and let it melt on the stove, before adding the flour ( sifted ).
- Mix with a hand whisk, to avoid forming lumps .
- When the mixture is golden, add the milk, a little at a time . Continue cooking, stirring, until the product thickens (it will take about 15 minutes). Turn off the heat and add salt. Then, set aside, in the heat.
- Shell the hard-boiled eggs and divide them in half . Carefully, remove the egg yolks and place them in a small bowl.
- Mash the egg yolks, to reduce them to a puree, and cover them with the béchamel. Stir vigorously to mix everything.
- Use this mixture to fill in the gaps left in hard-boiled eggs. Rejoin each half with the other, to recreate the whole eggs. Put them temporarily in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, put more flour in a small bowl and the breadcrumbs in another. In a third bowl, lightly beat 2 eggs.
- Take the hard-boiled eggs and pass them first in the flour, then in the beaten eggs and, finally, in the breadcrumbs.
- Fill a saucepan with oil and heat it on the stove. Dip in one egg at a time and fry it until golden. At the end, remove with a slotted spoon and place to cool on a tray with absorbent paper. Here they are ready to serve!
You can also make baked eggs monachina. Place them on a baking tray, covered with parchment paper, after having breaded them. Brush them entirely with oil and cook in the oven at 200 ° C for 10 minutes .
Also served as a second course, typical of Campania, this product is one of the most delicious recipes to make for Easter. The best advice, being fried, is to immediately eat the eggs monachina. Alternatively, you can store them in an airtight container, for 1 day maximum.
Don’t miss the scotch eggs, eggs covered with meat .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Risotto with pomegranate: a rich and colorful dish for special occasions!
It is one of the fanciest and most delicious first courses: pomegranate risotto is perfect for special occasions, but it...
Let’s see the recipe for Poppella snowflakes, a typical dessert of Naples
Let's find out together how to prepare a sweet from Naples, Poppella's Snowflakes: soft and creamy they have bewitched everyone....
The trendiest bijoux to give at Christmas are those of the Ferragni sisters: sparkling and sophisticated collections
Chiara and Valentina Ferragni inspire our looks and also our bijoux. And their jewelry collections stand out among the perfect...
The diet of Victoria’s Secret models is not the same for all: here’s what they eat
What is the Victoria Secret models diet? Always beautiful and in perfect shape, they follow a precise diet. Beautiful and...
Viva Magenta, Pantone’s sparkling color 2023 can’t be missing in your wardrobe: how to wear it
Glamorous and bold, Viva Magenta is the Pantone 2023 color we can't wait to wear A magical, surprising color, full...
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe