Simply tasty, here is the Sicilian recipe for making villanella artichokes at home, with a tasty and genuine seasoning.
Are you looking for simplicity? You will find it in a very tasty and tasty dish. From the gastronomic tradition of Sicily comes the Palermo recipe for artichokes alla villanella. It is an absolutely genuine dish of peasant origin. The main ingredient is artichoke hearts, which are cooked together with other simple products. Cook them with only garlic, oil and parsley and you will discover the natural flavor of this vegetable. The cooking of this typical Sicilian dish, originally called " cacocciuli a viddanedda " is quick. You can serve it as a side dish together with a second course of meat or with boiled potatoes, to fill you up immediately!
Preparing the recipe for villanella artichokes
- To begin, clean the artichokes and remove the outermost and hardest leaves and cut the lower part of the stem. Cut them into two or more parts, also cleaning the inside.
- Fill a bowl with water and lemon juice and leave the vegetable pieces to soak for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, peel and cut the garlic into cloves.
- Take a pan with a non-stick bottom, fill it with olive oil. Add 4 cloves of garlic and brown over high heat.
- When the garlic turns golden, drain the artichokes and pour them into the pan.
- Add a glass of water and cook over high heat for about 20 minutes , until they become soft. (During this step, pay attention to splashes , the oil must not be hot)
- Season with salt and pepper and mix from time to time.
- Chop the parsley and distribute it over the artichokes, then turn off the heat.
- Plate and serve the artichokes piping hot.
The Sicilian recipe for artichokes alla villanella is simple, but full of flavors linked to tradition. You can store them in the fridge for 2 days , in an airtight container.
From the Roman tradition, however, comes the recipe for artichokes alla giudia .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...