The Genoese chard pie is a typical Genoa savory pie prepared with crazy pasta, chard and prescinseua.
When it comes to savory pies , there is no region like Liguria that can satisfy our requests. Take for example the Genoese chard pie: not only is it delicious and simple to prepare, but the chard-based filling is added raw. That’s right, you got it right. Therefore, you will hardly find a faster recipe than Ligurian chard pie.
Also known as turta de gee, it is the most classic Genoese savory pie, the one that is on sale in all delicatessens always the same as itself. The filling is made up of chard which, as mentioned, are added raw, and prescinseua , a curdled cheese with a sour taste typical of the area. As it is really hard to find outside the region, we will also give you some pointers on how to replace it. Ready to go to work?
How to prepare the recipe for the Genoese chard pie
- First, prepare the crazy dough , that is the wrapper of the savory pie. Combine the flour, a tablespoon of oil, a pinch of salt and the water in a bowl and knead until you get a smooth dough. Let it rest for 30 minutes under an inverted bowl.
- Divide the dough into four equal loaves and roll them out as thin as possible.
- Grease a 30 cm diameter pan and roll out the first sheet. Lightly oil it, distributing it with your hands and cover with a second sheet.
- Spread the chard, sprinkle with two tablespoons of flour which will be used to absorb the humidity released during cooking, and add salt.
- Mix ricotta and yogurt (or 500 g of prescinseua) with two tablespoons of oil and a pinch of salt and spread it all over the vegetables.
- Cover with a sheet, oil it and finally place the last one. Roll the edges of the sheets together to seal them, oil the surfaces one last time and bake at 200 ° C for 45 minutes. We advise you to let the rustic to cool before serving.
We also recommend trying the Torta Pasqualina , another typical recipe from Liguria.
The chard cake can be kept in the refrigerator wrapped in silver paper for 2-3 days. We advise you to consume it at room temperature.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Oily skin skincare: here are the five basic steps
In the case of oily skin, daily skincare with ad hoc products is very important: let's see what the basic...
Spaghetti with three tomatoes, a simply genuine dish!
Are you looking for a simple and tasty first course? Try the spaghetti with three tomatoes recipe, made only with...
Is using social media at the table bad?
Using social networks and smartphones at the table is now common among adults and children: a habit that involves risks....
Types of perm: how many there are and what effect they give to the hair
How many types of permanents are there? Let's find out all of them and see if there is also an...
Homemade Russian salad, the Queen of all appetizers!
Russian salad, the timeless and perfect appetizer for a delicious dinner: here are the ingredients and how to prepare it...
Recipes1 week ago
Mulled wine, the super-scented drink that warms up the coldest days
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion7 days ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe