A single dish of vegetables that is tasty and very simple to prepare: here is the recipe for the Genoese meatloaf made with potatoes and green beans.
If you are looking for a recipe for making vegetarian meatloaf, this is the one for you. Who said, in fact, that this dish is prepared only with meat? Let’s see immediately how this recipe based on green beans and potatoes is prepared!
The Genoese meatloaf is also good cold so you can also prepare it in advance and let it cool to room temperature before serving.
Preparation of the potato and green bean meatloaf
- To prepare this vegetable meatloaf, start by depriving the green beans of both ends and peeling and cutting the potatoes into cubes.
- Cook green beans and potatoes in salted boiling water for about twenty minutes .
- Drain everything, pass the tubers in a potato masher and half of the green beans boiled with the blender .
- Transfer everything to a bowl then add the Parmesan , eggs, marjoram, pepper and salt and the remaining whole green beans. Mix everything in order to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Oil the bottom of a baking dish, sprinkle with breadcrumbs then pour the mixture of potatoes and green beans. Distribute well with the help of a spoon and finish with a sprinkling of breadcrumbs and a drizzle of oil.
- Using the fork tines, make decorative lines on the surface. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C and cook for 30 minutes or until golden brown desired.
- Remove from the oven and let the meatloaf with potatoes and green beans cool before serving, enjoy your meal!
If you liked this variant, we recommend that you try all our meatloaf recipes .
This delicious meatloaf can be kept for about 4-5 days in the refrigerator, inside a container with an airtight lid. If you have used all fresh products you can also freeze it in the freezer.