The sardella swivels are a typical Calabrian product that cannot be missed on the occasion of holidays or in family lunches!
The rolls with Calabrian sardella are very similar to small stuffed sandwiches. These are baked in the oven and served hot, so they are perfect to bring to the table as an appetizer or buffet. The simple dough is enriched with sardella which is also the only ingredient in the filling.
Sardella is a type of Calabrian preserve widely used especially in Ciro Marina, in the province of Crotone, which is prepared with ice fish, chilli, fennel seeds and salt. This preserve is excellent to serve spread on canapés and focaccia, but also as a filling for various bread products. Baking these swivels is ideal for those who want to avoid frying. If you are wondering how to prepare sardella rolls, here you are!
Preparation of the recipe for the sardella rolls
- The first step is to prepare the bread dough. Dissolve the fresh brewer’s yeast in a little warm water together with the malt. If you don’t have it, you can replace it with the same amount of sugar.
- Sift the two flours, pour them into a bowl and mix them. Add the dissolved yeast, water and oil to the flour and begin to knead .
- When the dough has taken consistency, add the salt and transfer the mixture to a pastry board. Work it vigorously for about 10 minutes and until you get a smooth and homogeneous dough.
- Place the dough in a floured bowl and cover it with cling film. Let it rise until doubled , it will take about 2 hours.
- When the dough has risen, transfer it to a floured pastry board and with the help of a rolling pin make a disk about 1 cm thick.
- In a bowl, mix the sardines with oil using a fork.
- Pierce the dough with the prongs of a fork and spread the sardella-based filling over the entire surface.
- Roll the dough starting from the bottom and seal the edges by brushing a little water. Cut the roll into slices about 2 cm wide and arrange the swivels on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Let them rise for another half hour and bake at 200 ° C for about 20 minutes.
The sardella swivels can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 or 4 days and reheated if necessary.
Have you ever tried the recipe for Calabrian ravioli with stocco ?
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe
Bucatini alla Caruso are a simple first course prepared with genuine ingredients typical of the Campania region. Here is the...
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Similar to custard, mousseline cream is enriched with a fair amount of butter. Here is the recipe. France is famous...
Bach flowers: a natural remedy for colds and flu
Bach flowers are valid natural remedies for colds and flu: let's see which ones to use against these diseases. Like...
Crunchy baked pumpkin crush: perfect for autumn
The crunchy squash squash is an excellent alternative to bread to serve as an appetizer. Here is the recipe to...
Comfy and practical: long live wide trousers, save looks for every occasion
For those days when you need a cocoon mood and more, the perfect women's wardrobe includes baggy trousers Bootcut, palazzo,...
Fashion1 week ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Recipes1 week ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?
Recipes1 week ago
How to make mascarpone cream: the classic recipe and with the Thermomix!
Recipes4 days ago
Reinforcement salad: a Christmas dish of the Neapolitan tradition