Gluten-free casatiello: a recipe suitable for everyone, tasty and spectacular
The gluten-free casatiello recipe is very simple. A perfect balance of flavors that goes straight to the heart.
Much more than a rustic cake, gluten-free casatiello is a perfect tasty appetizer that is also suitable for savory breakfasts and snacks. Born as a poor Neapolitan donut, the gluten-free casatiello in the Campania Easter tradition is a small variation of a typical and popular dish. A donut of bread that was enriched with leftovers from the pantry that otherwise would not have been consumed: eggs, various types of cheese, salami and lard. The suet, the pork fat, made the recipe for this delicious rustic particularly tasty and soft.
Let's see how the recipe for gluten-free Neapolitan casatiello is prepared today, to be served hot or cold and not only during the Easter holidays. The delicious gluten-free recipe will make celiacs happy but will also amaze lovers of the traditional Neapolitan casatiello recipe.
Gluten-free casatiello preparation
The recipe does not require particular attention, on the contrary it is very easy. The only suggestion, to obtain a soft and fragrant dough , is to consider the leavening times . So prepare the dough at least 4-5 hours before baking it.
- Pour the gluten-free flour into a bowl and add the Parmesan and pecorino. Slowly add the brewer's yeast that you previously dissolved in warm water.
- Start mixing the ingredients. As the dough begins to harden, add half of the lard and 2 tablespoons of oil, stirring constantly. Add salt and plenty of pepper to taste.
- Work until you get a homogeneous and firm mixture. At this point, form a loaf with the dough and cover the bowl with a cloth.
- Let the dough rise for about two hours until it doubles in volume.
- After the first leavening time, when the loaf has reached the right volume, remove a part of the dough that will be used for decoration. Roll out the remainder on a greased and floured work surface.
- Brush the surface of the dough with the other half of the melted lard, distribute the cheese and salami previously cut into cubes. Sprinkle with grated pecorino romano and plenty of pepper.
- At this point, roll up the gluten-free casatiello on itself. In a round mold with a diameter of 28cm, previously brushed with lard, place the dough in the shape of a donut. Let rise for 1 hour.
- When the time for the second leavening of the dough is over, insert 4 whole, well-washed eggs into the casatiello. With the dough set aside for the final decoration place two strips in the shape of a cross on top of each egg.
- Prepare an egg yolk beaten with a teaspoon of milk and brush the entire surface of the casatiello.
- Bake at 190°C for about 1 hour. After the first half hour, lower the oven temperature to 175°C-180°C and cook for another 20 minutes.
- When the cooking time is over, take it out of the oven, unmold it and bring it to the table just warm.
And here is a casatiello for celiacs and intolerant people that will really drive everyone crazy.
The gluten-free casatiello can be kept for 2-3 days in a cool, dry place. It will keep its scents and aromas if placed in an airtight container.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Delicious carrot pancakes: a truly unmissable recipe
Making delicious carrot pancakes is easier said than done. Here are the ingredients and the procedure to prepare them to...
Light and gluten-free zucchini gnocchi
How to prepare gluten-free zucchini gnocchi? Here is the recipe for the variant with rice flour, perfect even for the...
Are African braids bad for you? How much do they cost? Everything you don’t know
A particular hairstyle to show off that never goes out of style: here's everything you need to know about African...
Traveler’s diarrhea: what it is, symptoms, treatment and prevention
Traveler's diarrhea is a fairly common problem. Let's find out together what it is and how to prevent or cure...
Potato pizza, the recipe that saves you the expense
Halfway between a margherita pizza and a potato gateau: here is the delicious potato pizza with tomato and scamorza cheese....
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce
Fashion2 months ago
Superga celebrates its street and chic attitude in the s/s 2023 collection: starring Levante and Tina Kunakey