A high and fluffy gluten-free chocolate sponge cake. The perfect base for preparing birthday cakes or many types of desserts to fill.
The gluten-free chocolate sponge cake is the perfect base for desserts to fill that meets the needs of those suffering from celiac disease. Preparing it at home is not difficult and, unlike what you think, it remains as good as the classic recipe. To make a high and very soft gluten-free chocolate sponge cake you will need not only the right ingredients but also a pan of the appropriate size .
With this recipe you can create many preparations, like a birthday cake to be filled: moistening the base with a syrup and enriching it with your favorite creams. So let’s find out how to make gluten-free chocolate sponge cake.
Preparation of the gluten-free cocoa sponge cake recipe
- Take the eggs at room temperature and peel them in a bowl, combining salt and sugar.
- Beat the eggs for about 10 minutes at maximum speed until they are foamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rice flour, corn starch and cocoa. Sift at least twice to avoid lumps.
- Add the powders to the eggs and mix gently with a spatula from bottom to top , until the mixture is smooth and homogeneous.
- Line a round pan 20-22 cm in diameter with parchment paper. Pour and level the mixture with the spatula.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 170 ° C for about 35 minutes . Stick a toothpick in the sponge cake to make sure it is cooked.
- Once cooked, turn off the oven and leave the door open for 5 minutes .
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before filling and making your complete dessert.
Variations and tips of gluten-free cocoa sponge cake
If you want a more intense taste, use 25 g of dark chocolate melted in a double boiler instead of cocoa.
To fill the sponge cake you can use custard, Chantilly cream, cream, chocolate cream or fruit jams and marmalades. For the syrup instead it is usual to use alcoholic ones, but if you prefer a more delicate taste you can simply choose milk.
You can keep the chocolate sponge cake for 2-3 days under a glass bell at room temperature, or freeze it in the freezer even in slices.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...