Coming from South America, the sweet potato brings with it the best for a light recipe with all the trimmings. A sweet and nutritious tuber that will make your first courses light and tasty.
No, we didn’t get it wrong… they are really called potato gnocchi! But what is this product?
The batata is a tuber originating from South America, still little used in Italy. Compared to the potato, it has a noticeably sweeter flavor that almost approaches that of the pumpkin: for this you can decide to flavor the dish with some spicy notes if it turns out to be too sweet for your tastes. The potato gnocchi are suitable for vegan and vegetarian diets , representing a light and nutritious first course to be enjoyed in many simple ways.
Let’s find out the recipe for red batata gnocchi.
Preparation of the potato gnocchi recipe
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into large pieces .
- Put them in a saucepan with water, a pinch of salt and pepper, and a clove of garlic cut in half. Cook for 20 minutes making sure it is cooked.
- Drain the potatoes and leave to cool. Mash them with a fork or potato masher.
- Add 100 g of flour and mix with a fork. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix.
- Pour the dough on a work surface and add the remaining flour to create a homogeneous dough .
- Cut the dough into salami . Create your rectangles of gnocchi and place them on a floured shelf. Let them rest for half an hour before cooking them.
- Bring the water to a boil, add salt and toss the gnocchi into the pot. Meanwhile, pour a drizzle of oil into a pan and heat with 4 fresh sage leaves.
- When they come up, drain them delicately one by one and transfer them to the pan, mixing them gently .
- Bring the hot dish to the table, it’s ready!
Variants of toppings in potato dumplings
You can also decide to use Parmigiano Reggiano . Beat it with extra virgin olive oil in a bowl and then add a few fresh sage leaves to give the dish aroma. But if a single cheese does not satisfy you, opt for the four cheese flavor: choose the ones you love most!
You can also make the first course even more vegan by enriching it with boiled vegetables , such as black cabbage or spinach. The vegan cuisine offers you alternatively to season the gnocchi with pesto alla Genovese without cheese!
What is the potato: properties and differences with the potato
Batata is a perfect tuber for vegan diets thanks to its nutrients: flavonoids, fibers, minerals and vitamins. This tuber can be both red and purple, but don’t confuse it with the same variants of the classic potato! Compared to potato gnocchi, the potato dumplings contain less starch and more fiber, which is why they ensure a low glycemic index (lower in red than purple potatoes). It precisely reduces blood sugar and cholesterol, thanks to a substance contained in its peel which is called Cajapo . In addition, the yam contrasts hypertension, arrhythmia and premature aging .
Choosing to adopt a healthy diet together with a good dose of physical activity means positively changing your lifestyle that will improve your psychophysical health.
You can keep your gnocchi in the refrigerator if you need to consume them within two days or so. If you plan to consume them over two days, you can freeze them directly with your floured pan.
Lovers of dumplings in all their forms? Well try them in all their flavors too! We advise you to taste the colorfulcarrot gnocchi with parmesan and aromatic herbs .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...