Green tortillas stuffed with vegetables and mozzarella are a simple and tasty dish, suitable for all those who follow a vegetarian diet.
Stuffed green tortillas are a different way to enjoy vegetables, wrapped in a cute green tortilla. The Mexican tortilla, a kind of flatbread prepared with a few ingredients , is served rolled up here, stuffed with seasonal vegetables that you find at the market and with slices of mozzarella. This time we have chosen peppers, broccoli and tomatoes, but you can fill your green tortillas with what you like best, and maybe stir the vegetables with various types of sauces, from pink to yogurt or curry. Leave plenty of room for imagination !
Preparation of stuffed corn tortillas
- To begin, let’s see how to make green tortillas. In a bowl, mix the corn flour and 3 g of salt together with the water and sunflower oil.
- Add some finely chopped boiled spinach. Spinach will only be used to give it a green color , so a tablespoon will suffice.
- Knead until it forms a smooth mixture.
- Divide the dough into four balls and then, after letting them rest for a few minutes , roll them out with a rolling pin and cook them for a few minutes on a crepe maker or in a non-stick pan, turning them halfway through cooking.
- Separately, cut the peppers into thin slices, depriving them of the internal white parts and grill them for a few minutes.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and the red onion cut into strips, finally the blanched broccoli and stir-fry for a few minutes. Alternatively, you can use other raw or cooked vegetables.
- Stuff the tortillas with vegetables and a few slices of mozzarella and season with oil, salt and pepper!
Your green tortillas filled with tomatoes, peppers, broccoli and mozzarella are ready. Enjoy your meal ! If you liked them, also try making some tasty gluten-free tortillas !
We recommend keeping unseasoned tortillas for about 2-3 days in the fridge and well covered with cling film. For the single dish already stuffed with vegetables and mozzarella it is best to consume it at the moment or at most a few hours after making the dish. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...