The Genoese whitebait fritters are an exquisite Ligurian appetizer, easy and quick to prepare, according to the original recipe.
Crispy whitebait fritters (or cicinielli ) are a typical dish of Carrara. Widespread throughout the Liguria region, it is an excellent idea for a nutritious and tasty appetizer or even as a light second course. Its name is given by the main ingredient. Also known as cicinielli fritters, they are made from a mixture of batter and whitebait, which are the newly born fish of sardines and anchovies. There are some variations of this Ligurian recipe, such as the one with cooking in the oven and the version that does not include the use of eggs.
However you want to try them, we are sure they will make you fall in love!
Preparation of the recipe for whitebait fritters
- To start, make the batter . Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the flour, a little at a time, to incorporate it.
- Finely chop the garlic and parsley as well.
- Add them to the eggs, along with the water.
- Season with a pinch of salt and mix everything vigorously. Then, let it sit.
- Meanwhile, wash and clean the fish and let the excess water drain.
- Dip the whitebait in batter and mix to distribute them evenly .
- At this point, pour the oil into a pan. Heat it on the stove.
- Take a certain amount of batter with a spoon and dip it in hot oil to fry.
- Brown both sides of the pancakes and take them to dry on a tray covered with absorbent paper.
- Proceed like this, until the mixture runs out, then serve.
For an even lighter recipe, prepare the whitebait fritters without eggs, simply omitting this ingredient from the preparation of the batter.
If you want to prepare baked whitebait pancakes, the procedure is the same. Once the battered fish has been blended, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Oil it and spoon the mixture. Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 15 minutes .
Use these cicinielli pizzas to enrich your lunch. You can also keep them for a maximum of 2 days in the fridge, in an airtight container.
Alternatively, try the swordfish pancakes .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Presnitz: the Trieste dessert with noble origins!
According to some testimonies it was created for Princess Sissi. Either way, the Presnitz quick recipe is tasty and easy...
Let’s find out how to prepare the brandacujun with the Ligurian recipe
The recipe for brandacujun comes directly from western Liguria, a creamed cod with potatoes with an intense flavor and creamy...
How okonomiyaki is prepared, a typical dish of Japanese cuisine
If you are looking for quick and easy recipes that come from afar, okonomyaki, Japanese pancakes with vegetables, is worth...
What is holistic massage: all about this practice for body and mind
Holistic massage has numerous benefits, both for the body and for the mind. Let’s see together what they are, and...
Bublanina is a truly amazing Czechoslovakian dessert with cherries
Bublanina is a simple cherry pie typical of the Czech Republic prepared with a dough similar to sponge cake. Literally...