Here’s how to prepare sweet Befana coal
Inevitable in Epiphany stockings, sweet coal can be easily prepared at home. Let's see together how!
Years ago the coal that naughty children used to find on Epiphany day was anything but sweet. Today even the naughtiest receive chocolates and gifts hidden in the traditional stocking hanging over the fireplace and sweet coal cannot be missing.
Contrary to what one might think, making it at home is quite simple and you only need a few commonly used ingredients . The result will be a sugary mixture of a nice black colour, excellent as a homemade Epiphany gift . Let's see how to prepare the Befana sweet coal!
How to prepare soft coal
- First, whip the egg white until stiff. Add the icing sugar , stirring gently from bottom to top. Finally add half the dose of colouring, the alcohol and the lemon juice. Mix to incorporate and continue to whisk until you have reached a very thick and dark consistency and you will have made the icing (you can also not use the coloring now but add it all to the caramel later).
- On the side prepare a caramel with sugar and water. Put the water and sugar in a saucepan and let it all melt over the heat, the mixture must reach 141°C , measurable with a kitchen thermometer, otherwise you can wait for the syrup to brown, add the remaining colouring, mixing well.
- Add the glaze prepared with the egg white to the saucepan, mix quickly, then lower the heat and let it cook for a minute. When it starts to swell it's ready.
- Pour it while still hot into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and let it cool completely for 3 hours.
- Then break it up with a knife in order to obtain pieces similar to those of coal.
And here is a video recipe to prepare it at home and make the little ones happy (or maybe not) on January 6th:
Also prepare some homemade chocolates to put in the children's stocking.
Sweet Sugar Charcoal will keep in an airtight container for one month .
READ ALSO: Let's prepare the Tuscan biscuits that celebrate the end of the holidays: the befanini
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Delicious turmeric and zucchini risotto
Today we're preparing turmeric and zucchini risotto, a first course listed among the gluten-free recipes par excellence: delicious! Who doesn't...
ASMR: what it is and how it manages to reconcile sleep and relaxation
ASMR is a phenomenon that has spread more and more in recent years and which consists of watching but, above...
Dark elbows? Here are some simple and immediate natural remedies
Dark elbows are a really common problem. Let's find out how to solve it with natural remedies. That of dark...
Let’s discover a typical dish of Lazio cuisine: pan-fried Roman saltimbocca (with photos and videos)
If you don't know how to make saltimbocca alla romana, now is the time to fix it: here is the...
How to adopt a natural skin care routine for healthy skin?
The skin is the largest organ of the human body, covering an average of 15% of the body weight of...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce