Brussels sprouts do not enjoy a good reputation, especially among the little ones. Let’s find out how to prepare them in a simple but tasty way: in a pan!
The pan-fried Brussels sprouts recipe may seem like a punishment to some. Their smell tends to infect the whole house, but with some care they can be the protagonists of an excellent side dish . To make them tastier, we added cubes of smoked bacon. If you want to prepare a vegan side dish, skip the pancetta and blend them with balsamic vinegar : you will feel what goodness!
Brussels sprouts are the sprouts of a plant about five feet tall and are in season between January and February, when they reach the size of a walnut. Their bitter taste, similar to those of cabbage and broccoli, makes them perfect in combination with other seasonal vegetables with a sweeter flavor such as pumpkin or chestnuts.
How to prepare the Brussels sprouts in a pan
- First you need to clean the sprouts . With a knife, remove the base and the first layer of outer leaves. Generally, you won’t need to cut them in half, but if they’re particularly large or you’re in a hurry, go ahead and cut them.
- Blanch them for 5 minutes in boiling salted water.
- In a pan, heat the oil with the diced bacon and rosemary. When the bacon is golden and crunchy, add the sprouts and cook for 5 minutes .
- Then add a glass of water (or broth) and cook for another 5/10 minutes . When cooked, they should be compliant if pierced with a fork. Season with salt and pepper and serve the sprouts as a side dish to your dishes.
Delicious variations of Brussels sprouts in a light pan, or with speck
- Sprouts can also become a light recipe. After having cleaned them and blanched them for 5 minutes in boiling salted water, take a pan and heat the oil. Add garlic and onion, and leave to flavor. After that, add the sprouts, half a glass of water and cook for 10 minutes. Check from time to time and add more water if necessary.
- To prepare the Brussels sprouts in a pan with speck, take 100 g of speck to replace the bacon and cut it into strips (you can do the same with the bacon). The preparation remains unchanged.
You can keep this tasty side dish in the fridge for 1 day in an airtight container.
With this vegetable it is possible to prepare many recipes, all you need is a little imagination. I recommend, however, to try the sprouts au gratin in the oven : you will love them!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Risotto with pomegranate: a rich and colorful dish for special occasions!
It is one of the fanciest and most delicious first courses: pomegranate risotto is perfect for special occasions, but it...
Let’s see the recipe for Poppella snowflakes, a typical dessert of Naples
Let's find out together how to prepare a sweet from Naples, Poppella's Snowflakes: soft and creamy they have bewitched everyone....
The trendiest bijoux to give at Christmas are those of the Ferragni sisters: sparkling and sophisticated collections
Chiara and Valentina Ferragni inspire our looks and also our bijoux. And their jewelry collections stand out among the perfect...
The diet of Victoria’s Secret models is not the same for all: here’s what they eat
What is the Victoria Secret models diet? Always beautiful and in perfect shape, they follow a precise diet. Beautiful and...
Viva Magenta, Pantone’s sparkling color 2023 can’t be missing in your wardrobe: how to wear it
Glamorous and bold, Viva Magenta is the Pantone 2023 color we can't wait to wear A magical, surprising color, full...
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe