Have you always wondered how to make cured meats at home? Today we reveal the recipe for homemade salami: it is truly incredible!
Have you ever thought about preparing homemade salami? Probably not, either because we are used to buying it already made, or because it is thought that the preparation of salami is complex and requires "industrial" procedures . Nothing could be more false and just think that until a few years ago, in the countryside, every family slaughtered their pig and used its parts for various preparations.
Salami was a great way to preserve meat for a long time as it still required seasoning. As for the salami mixture, different cuts of meat are used as well as spices and red wine. The meat for the salami we have chosen is loin, shoulder, pulp for the lean part and bacon, lard for the fat part. The procedure, all raw , is very simple and now we see it together.
How to make salami at home
- First, cut all the meat into rather small chunks of about 1 cm per side. Then grind it with a meat grinder and as it is ready put it in a large bowl.
- Mix with your hands without pressing too much and add all the aromas : ground pepper and grains, garlic powder and red wine. To taste also nutmeg or cloves. Mix everything again to distribute the flavors and let it rest for 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, soak the casings for 3 hours in a basin full of water and diluted with a glass of vinegar.
- Then stuff your salami by rolling the casing on the tip of the stuffing machine and operating it so that it fills without breaking. You will notice the tension of the gut by holding it with your hands as it fills. Remember to tie it with string before starting to fill it and once it has reached the desired length.
- Then prick the casing with a needle and hang the salami in a cool and dry place like a cellar. During the first week we advise you to place a plate under the salami because it will tend to lose some liquid. To season the salami, leave it hanging for 3-4 months at a constant temperature of about 20 ° C with 60% humidity, airing the room from time to time.
Preparing homemade salami with the recipe we gave away is really easy and fun and it is one of those experiences that we recommend you do. We also recommend that you try one of our recipes with salami to be served as an aperitif: excellent morsels with provolone !
The salami can be kept for over 6 months but keep in mind that the longer the curing times are, the more it will tend to dry out.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Map of pimples: each area of the face corresponds to an organ
What is the pimple map for? Let's find out together and see which organs the areas of the face are...
How to toast pumpkin seeds: the video recipe to prepare a healthy and crunchy snack
Roasted pumpkin seeds: quick and easy recipe to prepare a tasty snack at home to nibble on at any time...
The most popular s/s 2023 collections by Valentino and Dior, followed by Balmain and Givenchy: the most beautiful inspo looks
The spring/summer 2023 fashion shows sum up: the ranking of the most popular according to Spotlight Dreamy, captivating, sensual, the...
What is ADHD, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
ADHD: what it is, causes, symptoms and everything you need to know about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity...
Gnocchi alla bava, the super stringy recipe
Gnocchi alla bava are a very quick first course to prepare, but above all they are incredibly tasty: you will...
Fashion6 days ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Food1 week ago
Topinambur: the properties and contraindications of the Jerusalem artichoke
Fashion7 days ago
The super mini skirt in the shape of a belt: the model designed by Diesel could become a trend thanks to Dua Lipa
Recipes6 days ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?