Soft and fragrant, wholemeal sandwich bread is perfect for preparing delicious toasts and sandwiches. Try it with our easy recipe.
We have now learned that wholemeal flour is preferable to refined flour not so much for its caloric intake, which remains almost unchanged between the two, but for its high content of nutrients . That's why today let's see together how to prepare wholemeal sandwich bread, perfect for creating delicious toasts and sandwiches.
In fact, you may not know that preparing homemade sandwich bread is quite simple. All you need is a little patience for the leavening and a plumcake mold to obtain a soft and fragrant loaf. I recommend using organic wholemeal flour for this recipe.
How to prepare the recipe for wholemeal loaf bread
- In a bowl put the warm water , the milk at room temperature and the yeast crumbled with your hands. Mix well to melt it.
- Then add the 00 flour (using only wholemeal flour would make the dough difficult to work with), the honey and the salt . Mix to obtain a sort of batter , then finally add the wholemeal flour and the oil .
- Knead vigorously for 10 minutes (you can carry out the same operations in about half the time using a planetary mixer fitted with a dough hook), then put it to rise covered in the oven off with the light on for 2 hours .
- Retrieve the dough, gently deflate it giving it an oval shape, then transfer it into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Let it rise again until it reaches the edges. Bake at 180°C for 25 minutes .
- Let the wholemeal pancasetta cool completely before cutting it into slices.
Wholemeal sandwich bread can be frozen already sliced in paper bags for about a month.
If you like to get your hands dirty and would like to know more, discover all our secrets of homemade bread !
We recommend keeping the bread in special bags or containers for a maximum of 1-2 days . Alternatively you can keep it in the fridge for 3-4 days or freeze it in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
From French cuisine comes the Rossini fillet, delicious and elegant
Fillet alla Rossini is a second course based on beef fillet, enriched with foie gras and black truffle. From French...
Black gums, causes and symptoms: the alarm bell of a serious problem
Black gums should never be underestimated because they could be the alarm bell of a serious problem. Have you noticed...
Chicken curry with milk accompanied by basmati rice: the video recipe of the oriental dish!
Here is the original recipe for chicken curry with basmati rice, a dish full of heady flavors and aromas: bring...
Risotto with turnip greens, an excellent first course
How to prepare a vegetarian first course to serve for lunch or dinner? Here is the recipe for risotto with...
Spaghetti with walnuts and anchovies: simplicity and flavor at the table!
Spaghetti with walnuts and anchovies is an original first course and so easy to prepare that it will amaze even...
Recipes1 week ago
How to make crepes: the simple video recipe for making the neutral dough (and some tasty inspiration)
Fashion6 days ago
Paris Fashion Week 2023: The most beautiful and eccentric looks of the front row
Recipes1 week ago
Pici cacio e pepe: the video recipe of the first course prepared from scratch!
Beauty1 week ago
Degradé on brown hair: for each style its nuance