Delight yourself with this dish with an ethnic flavour: broccoli couscous with sesame sauce.
Broccoli couscous with sesame sauce is a pleasant combination of tasty and healthy ingredients : try this dish and then tell us! It is a light but complete recipe, 100% VEG and excellent for customizing in a thousand different ways… for example we add a handful of crunchy chickpeas per dish right at the end!
During preparation we recommend making the vegetable broth at home , to reduce the salt and have a much better flavor. Instead, you can buy the sesame sauce (tahini) ready-made if you want.
Preparation of broccoli couscous and sesame sauce
- Pour the couscous into a bowl and add enough boiling vegetable broth.
- Add a spoonful of extra virgin olive oil to the broth and couscous and wait for the couscous to swell, absorbing the water and oil ( about 20 minutes ).
- Once the necessary time has passed, delicately fluff the couscous by mixing with a spoon.
- Clean the broccoli, cutting off the tops and throwing away the stem.
- Boil the broccoli tops in salted water for a few minutes, then drain them and sauté them in a pan with oil, garlic and fresh chilli pepper.
- Season with salt and season the broccoli with these ingredients.
- Prepare the sesame sauce. In a non-stick pan , toast the sesame seeds, then let them cool and mix them together with very little salt and sesame or sunflower seed oil, until you obtain a sauce. If you want, you can also buy it directly in ethnic shops.
- Mix the couscous with the broccoli and garnish with the sauce and a few seeds to finish.
- If you want, you can also cook your pre-cooked chickpeas in the oven at 180°C for about 15-20 minutes , until they become crunchy, and add them to the plates.
This dish is light and delicious, as is our couscous with grilled vegetables !
You can store this single vegan dish in the fridge for a maximum of 1-2 days , well covered in cling film or inside a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...