The tomato sauce is a very simple preparation to prepare at any time: just a few ingredients will be enough for a super result!
The tomato sauce (also called sauce) is perhaps the symbol of Italian cuisine and, not surprisingly, is used for many recipes both in first courses and second courses. However, making a good tomato sauce is not always obvious, you can start with fresh tomato or use a puree (preferably homemade). Today we decided to prepare the sauce with our preserves … you will see what a delight in the end!
How to prepare the tomato sauce
- First hang the onion and chop it with a knife as finely as possible.
- Now take a pan and put it on the fire adding a generous drizzle of oil and a clove of garlic.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion and let it soften well.
- Now the tomato puree comes into play (you can make it on the spot or take it from your stock in the pantry). Put it in the pan and add about 1 glass of water at room temperature to dissolve and dilute the sauce.
- Lower the heat and let it cook, adding a pinch of sugar to remove the typical acidity of the tomato, for about 20-30 minutes until it becomes thicker.
- Just before the cooking of the tomato sauce is complete, season with salt, remove the garlic and add chopped fresh basil to taste.
- Taste, turn off the heat and use it for your recipes.
A tip: serve the tomato puree with a few fresh basil leaves.
If you want some ideas for other toppings we offer you our best quick sauces .
Fresh tomato and basil sauce
To prepare this dressing from scratch at the moment you will have to use about 2 kg of tomatoes (we love San Marzano). In this case there are two methods: either make the sauce at the moment following our recipe and then follow the preparation that we recommended in the previous paragraph, or prepare the sauté with garlic and onion and immediately insert the washed and stalked tomatoes. In this case, when the tomatoes are cooked, we advise you to work everything with a vegetable mill in order to remove the skin and, to remove the seeds, filter everything before putting the sauce back on the heat to reduce .
A last variant? Use a tin of peeled tomatoes and mash them with a ladle for a tomato sauce with the pieces and rustic.
You can keep the sauce in the fridge for 2-3 days in a container with a special lid. You can also freeze the dressing in the freezer.
Alternatively, you can pour the sauce into sterilized glass jars , pasteurize them (by closing the jars well and letting them boil for 30 minutes in a pot of water) and keep them in the pan for a few months.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...