Good in summer and winter, it's ready in 30 minutes and it's a delicious classic: here's the recipe for homemade chocolate pudding!
Chocolate pudding needs no introduction: it's a great gluttonous classic (that will never go out of style). So why not try our hand at preparing this fantastic and soft dessert, which is prepared in less than half an hour and everyone likes it?
The ingredients are simple: cocoa, starch, milk and sugar and the preparation is really smart ! It is certainly no coincidence that, when you show up unexpectedly at a friend's house, they always offer you homemade pudding: it's a quick and easy treat to prepare but which still makes a good impression!
So here is the chocolate pudding recipe: let's get to work !
- Chocolate pudding with cocoa powder
- Pudding with chocolate bar
- The recipe for chocolate pudding with the Thermomix
- Variations and conservation
How to make chocolate pudding
1. Start heating the milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Separately, mix all the sifted powders (both starch and cocoa tend to make a lot of lumps, so don't neglect this step), then the granulated sugar, cocoa and corn starch.
3. Gradually , and stirring constantly with a whisk, pour in the hot milk and mix everything.
4. Now bring back to the heat, which must be very mild, and stir continuously until everything has hardened .
5. As soon as the cream begins to simmer, remove it from the heat and pour it into molds or small glass bowls, if you wish also lined with biscuits, dried or dipped in a coffee or liqueur syrup.
6. Serve your chocolate pudding after it has hardened in the refrigerator for a couple of hours . If you are unable to unmold the homemade puddings, immerse the mold in hot water for a few seconds.
If you liked the recipe for chocolate pudding, discover the video of the preparation .
This recipe is, as per the original preparation, that of chocolate pudding without eggs. We find it to be perfect that way. Do you think it's over here? Let's find out the very quick recipe with the Thermomix and other delicious variations. Also try all our best recipes with chocolate : a concentrate of gluttony !
Pudding with chocolate bar: the recipe for the variant
In the original recipe of the chocolate pudding we use cocoa powder, however the version with the chocolate bar is just as enjoyable, let's see how it is made and what the ingredients of this version are.
- 1 liter of fresh whole milk
- 250 g of dark chocolate
- 160 g of sugar
- 180 g of butter
- 100 g of 00 flour
- vanilla flavoring (optional)
- Let's start by heating the milk together with the vanilla aroma.
- While the milk is boiling, put the butter in another saucepan and melt it by setting the heat to low.
- Add the sugar and the chopped chocolate with the knife.
- Stir until everything is melted and blended well.
- Now add the sifted flour and the hot milk, continuing to mix vigorously with a whisk so that no lumps are formed.
- When the compound begins to thicken becoming a cream, turn off the heat and divide it into moulds.
- Let the dark chocolate puddings harden for at least 2-3 hours in the refrigerator (after they have cooled down) before inverting them onto a dessert plate and serving them at the table.
If you want it to taste even more like chocolate, however, you can add 2-3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder and sift them together with the flour.
The recipe for chocolate pudding with the Thermomix
- First, put the chocolate in the mixing bowl and chop it for about 5-10 sec at speed. 7.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 10-12 minutes at 90°C speed 2. 3. If you start with the cocoa powder, skip the first point and immediately pour all the ingredients into the mixing bowl.
- When the compound has thickened, turn everything off and pour it into the cups or pudding molds.
- Leave to cool and then store in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours before unmoulding and serving.
Chocolate pudding: conservation and variations
Keep it in the fridge, it will keep perfectly for up to three days .
There are many variations (and imaginative ideas for presentation) of chocolate pudding: just pour it on a bed of biscuits (such as ladyfingers, Pavesini or other dry crumbled biscuits) to make it even richer. The biscuits, if desired, can also be dipped in a little rum or brandy, but also with simple coffee (even deca, for children), to give an even more special flavour.
Or, it can be enriched with seasonal fruit that you like best or simply decorated with a dollop of fresh whipped cream . And if you don't like the dark version, all you have to do is make a sweet white chocolate pudding by changing the dark chocolate bar with white chocolate in the same quantities and following the same preparation .
Have you noticed? The recipe is practically the same as for homemade hot chocolate (only this should be consumed immediately after preparation and there are some small variations in the ingredients)!
For more recipes like this one, try all of our best quick desserts !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...