Baked guinea fowl is one of the most popular second courses of meat during the Christmas holidays (and for family lunches). Simple to prepare, it is excellent served with potatoes.
There is no self -respecting Christmas lunch without baked guinea fowl. This rich second dish does not require special attention and even the less experienced will be satisfied with the result. The ideal combination is with baked potatoes , but you can also combine it with a salad or cooked vegetables, such as spinach.
Always choose high quality meat and ask your butcher to clean the animal, depriving it of entrails and feathers. Once at home in fifteen minutes the guinea fowl will be ready to go into the oven.
How to cook whole baked guinea fowl with potatoes
- First, make sure that there are no traces of feathers left on the bird's skin. If necessary, remove them with tweezers and flame the skin with a torch or directly on the fire.
- Insert inside the guinea fowl 2 sprigs of thyme, 2 cloves of garlic, a sprig of rosemary, a few sage leaves and a little salt, then tie the legs with a string in order to close the hole with the filling of aromas .
- Transfer the guinea fowl to a pan suitable for cooking in the oven. Chop the remaining herbs and garlic and after massaging the guinea fowl with the oil, do it also with the chopped meat combined with a grind of pepper and a salt.
- Before putting it in the oven you can decide to wash, peel and cut the potatoes into slices or cubes, salt and pepper them and put them in the pan around the bird.
- Put the second in the oven at 180 ° C for 20 minutes , then blend with the white wine and finally continue cooking the guinea fowl in the oven for another 40 minutes . From time to time add a ladle of boiling broth in case you see that it gets too dry.
- When cooked, bring to the table, remove the kitchen string and cut the second course of meat by portioning it on the plates.
Potatoes can also be cooked separately, surely adding them to the meat will have much more flavor at the end of the cooking time (always check that they are ready by piercing them with the tines of a fork)
Fastest baked guinea fowl recipe and pieces
To prepare this second dish with an easier and faster recipe you can think of preparing the guinea fowl in the oven in pieces, just buy the bird already cleaned , plucked and cut and proceed well or badly in the same way as with the recipe with the whole guinea fowl baked omitting the part of the filling with the aromas.
- After checking that there are no feathers left, grease the pieces of meat with oil and add a mixture of aromatic herbs, salt and pepper (you can emulsify them first in a small bowl or leave the aromas whole and put them in the pan after washing and drying them. ).
- At this point, put the meat in the oven at 200 ° C for 10 minutes .
- Deglaze with the white wine.
- Continue cooking for another 25-30 minutes at 180 ° C , adding the hot broth as needed.
Also in this case you can add the potatoes from the beginning of cooking, in this case we advise you to cut them into small cubes of about 1-1.5 cm so that they are ready together with the guinea fowl.
We recommend keeping the second dish in the fridge for a maximum of 2 days , in a pan well covered with cling film or inside a container with a special lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
What is special about Bruno Barbieri’s carbonara?
Bruno Barbieri's recipe for carbonara causes discussion, perhaps more for the name than for the taste. Try this particular take...
Antibiotic resistance: how to spot it and what to do
Resistance to antibiotics: causes, consequences and possible remedies to be able to try to solve the problem. Are you concerned...
Let’s find out how to prepare excellent cannelloni stuffed with meat
Meat cannelloni are an excellent first course, ideal for Sundays. Let's see together how to prepare them! Meat cannelloni are...
Reinforcement salad: a traditional Neapolitan Christmas dish
The reinforcement salad is a side dish based on papacelle, cauliflower, olives and spring onions: one of the most popular...
Don’t throw away the vegetable peels: turn them into crunchy chips!
Making baked vegetable peel chips is a great way to reduce waste in the kitchen. Here's which vegetables to use...
Fashion7 days ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Food1 week ago
Topinambur: the properties and contraindications of the Jerusalem artichoke
Fashion1 week ago
The super mini skirt in the shape of a belt: the model designed by Diesel could become a trend thanks to Dua Lipa
Recipes7 days ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?