Let's find out how to prepare a perfect meat broth: the recipe and all the tips.
The meat broth is one of those wild recipes that are good for practically all occasions: for a festive lunch, when we want to prepare a nice plate of tortellini in broth , for a light or winter dinner , or when we want a simple pasta in broth .
But its uses do not end there: we can use it to prepare elaborate dishes that require cooking in broth, or to enhance the taste of simple dishes (in semolina or vegetable purée), for risotto first courses … in short, as we said is really a wild card for our recipes!
For a savory broth, the secret lies in the ingredients chosen so that it turns out tasty. Let's see how to do it!
How to make meat broth
1. Peel the carrots and onion. Cut the carrots into coarse pieces, and divide the onion in half (white, golden or red: it will be fine anyway) by inserting some cloves inside the two ends that will flavor the beef broth.
2. Cut the celery stalks into pieces, then put all the vegetables in a large pot .
3. Wash the meat and add it to the pot along with the bones (preferably with the marrow), the cleaned parsley sprigs, the peppercorns and bay leaves and a handful of coarse salt.
4. Now cover everything with water (about 3-4 liters will be needed) and put the pot on the stove.
5. Turn on the heat under the pot and let the broth cook for about 3 hours. This phase is fundamental, because a good broth always begins its cold cooking! When it reaches a boil, lower the heat and let it simmer, eliminating, from time to time, the foam that is created on the surface due to the fat of the meat.
6. After about 3 hours the liquid will have decreased significantly. Then with a slotted spoon remove the vegetables and the meat, which if you want you will use to prepare a second dish (or, alternatively, you can keep in the fridge or freeze, depending on your needs).
7. Take a glass container, a colander and / or a clean gauze or cloth and filter the broth to remove excess fat (you can repeat the operation even 2-3 times until you obtain a clear broth without pieces). For best results, first filter with a colander, then another with gauze and, if necessary, a third, always with gauze and a colander.
8. Now put the broth back in the pot if you want to use it immediately or keep it in the fridge or freezer.
Serve your own broth or use it for your favorite soup recipes !
Meat for broth: which one to use?
To make an excellent broth, less valuable cuts of meat are usually used, such as the steak and the shoulder pulp but also the bovine tail and the bones of the knee or the femur . The fat of these pieces will make the final taste much fuller and tastier, for this reason in fact fillet or similar parts of the animal are not usually used. Certainly the matter changes when you want to prepare a boiled meat, in this case you can use the broth for other preparations , but the meat can be chosen more carefully as brisket, real or ossobuco.
Many also make a mixed meat broth, also using poultry such as hen or capon . Usually the meat broth for Christmas lunch, in many parts of Italy, involves the use of beef together with the capon with its bones.
We recommend keeping the broth in the fridge for a maximum of 3-4 days , in a container with a special lid. You can also freeze the meat broth in single-portion cubes so that it can be kept for months. To freeze the broth in the freezer we recommend using the ice molds, they will be convenient and easy to portion.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
What is special about Bruno Barbieri’s carbonara?
Bruno Barbieri's recipe for carbonara causes discussion, perhaps more for the name than for the taste. Try this particular take...
Antibiotic resistance: how to spot it and what to do
Resistance to antibiotics: causes, consequences and possible remedies to be able to try to solve the problem. Are you concerned...
Let’s find out how to prepare excellent cannelloni stuffed with meat
Meat cannelloni are an excellent first course, ideal for Sundays. Let's see together how to prepare them! Meat cannelloni are...
Reinforcement salad: a traditional Neapolitan Christmas dish
The reinforcement salad is a side dish based on papacelle, cauliflower, olives and spring onions: one of the most popular...
Don’t throw away the vegetable peels: turn them into crunchy chips!
Making baked vegetable peel chips is a great way to reduce waste in the kitchen. Here's which vegetables to use...
Fashion7 days ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Food1 week ago
Topinambur: the properties and contraindications of the Jerusalem artichoke
Fashion1 week ago
The super mini skirt in the shape of a belt: the model designed by Diesel could become a trend thanks to Dua Lipa
Recipes7 days ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?