How to make a perfect omelette? Photos and videos of the classic recipe
How do you make the French omelet? Let's find out what the right technique is, the ingredients, the basic recipe and everything you need to know!
The omelette is a typical recipe of French cuisine, and no… it's not an omelette! In fact, the two recipes are similar both from the point of view of the ingredients and in their appearance, but in reality they are two different dishes.
Unlike a classic Italian omelette, the omelette is prepared leaving the eggs less cooked, or as they say, drooling. In fact, its texture is moist , spongy and soft, and this is possible thanks to rapid cooking over low heat .
The other difference is in the ingredients: milk (or cream) is added to the eggs, but as we will see, it is also possible to use other foods for the filling . What do you say, shall we get to the stove? Let's see all the photo steps or the video recipe .
How to make omelette: basic recipe
1. Break the eggs into a glass bowl.
2. At this point, beat the eggs with a whisk and slowly add the milk with a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Heat a pan on the stove with some butter , so as to grease it well: this way you won't risk the egg sticking to the base.
4. When the pan is hot, pour the mixture into it.
5. Let it cook for a few minutes: the effect you will have to obtain is a very light browning at the bottom and a still slimy consistency at the top. As soon as it starts to firm up on the edges, cover with a lid and cook over a very low heat until you get the desired result.
6. When you find yourself in this situation, you will need to fold the omelet over itself. To do this, there are those who simply flip it over with the help of a spatula, creating the classic crescent shape or closing the two flaps, and those who instead blow it up by tapping the handle of the pot and rolling it several times. You use the technique you prefer, the important thing is to act quickly or else the egg will be overcooked !
Stuffed omelette: this is how it's done
Now that we know the basics of the dish, we can also prepare fabulous stuffed omelettes, choosing to use vegetables, mushrooms, cold cuts, cheeses and more. But how is it done?
Take for example a tasty ham and cheese omelette. Once you have poured the mixture into the pan, arrange the slices of ham and the chunks of cheese (you can use stracchino for example).
Turn the omelette upside down and close it. Et voilà , the dish is ready!
There is no limit to the imagination with this dish! If you want to create a sweet version of this recipe, you can first of all choose not to salt the dough and leave it neutral , or add just a pinch of sugar.
At this point, all you have to do is stuff while cooking with the ingredients we like most: sauces, fresh fruit, Nutella, jam… and maybe a sprinkling of icing sugar at the end. A real goodness!
Speaking of eggs , how about discovering all our recipes with eggs ? Or if you want to change ingredients but make a recipe just as quick, why not consult our list of quick second courses ?
This recipe has the characteristic of being frothy, light and delicious when eaten as soon as it is ready . We advise against leaving it in the refrigerator for more than a day, and it is also not suitable for freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Delicious carrot pancakes: a truly unmissable recipe
Making delicious carrot pancakes is easier said than done. Here are the ingredients and the procedure to prepare them to...
Light and gluten-free zucchini gnocchi
How to prepare gluten-free zucchini gnocchi? Here is the recipe for the variant with rice flour, perfect even for the...
Are African braids bad for you? How much do they cost? Everything you don’t know
A particular hairstyle to show off that never goes out of style: here's everything you need to know about African...
Traveler’s diarrhea: what it is, symptoms, treatment and prevention
Traveler's diarrhea is a fairly common problem. Let's find out together what it is and how to prevent or cure...
Potato pizza, the recipe that saves you the expense
Halfway between a margherita pizza and a potato gateau: here is the delicious potato pizza with tomato and scamorza cheese....
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce
Fashion2 months ago
Superga celebrates its street and chic attitude in the s/s 2023 collection: starring Levante and Tina Kunakey