How to make a poached egg? The infallible technique with photos and video recipe
Here is the recipe for poached egg, an appetizing dish that you can enjoy for breakfast or as a second course in a quick dinner.
Sooner or later all chefs have to deal with it: we are talking about poached eggs, a classic and quick preparation, but which at the same time presents many pitfalls. This is one of those dishes that improves with experience, and that you have to try many times to refine your technique.
If it is the first time you try, we are sure that with our tips you will succeed in the first attempt . Let it bet? Then follow us in the kitchen and let's see together all the steps for perfect cooking of poached eggs and the video recipe !
How to make poached eggs
1. Put a pot full of water on the fire. It must have high edges and the water must be at least 8-10 centimeters high, so that the egg never touches it. Once the water is boiling, immediately lower the heat until you get a light simmer . Otherwise, the white would be lost in the pot and the egg would not have its typical geometric appearance.
2. Pour the egg into a bowl without breaking the yolk.
3. When the water is slightly simmering, lower the heat again bringing the boil to zero and add the white vinegar ( apple vinegar is also recommended). Wait for a minute for the water to cool slightly and with a spoon create a circular current around its edges, so that a small vortex forms in the centre.
4. Gently slide the egg from the bowl into the hot water in the exact center of the whirlpool .
5. Don't be fooled: poached eggs take longer to cook than you might think. It would seem that the clear is all congealed, but the innermost one, which is not seen, is not yet. Leave it in the water for at least 4-5 minutes , continuing to stir.
6. Take the egg out of the water with a slotted spoon , being careful not to break it.
If you want to prepare more, repeat the same operation cooking one egg at a time. Enjoy your meal!
Perfect poached egg: recipe tricks
As we said, there are many risks that you run into when you try this recipe: we can get an egg that is overcooked, and therefore has a completely solid yolk, or a white that is not cooked enough and therefore a shirt… all broken! In short, experience is certainly the best weapon for this dish, but there are also some "professional" tricks that you can try to apply.
- First of all the vortex: make sure it's not a too fast vortex, otherwise the egg will disperse, and then the vortex will stop sooner and the result will therefore be a clear dispersed on the edges of the pot.
- Regarding the pot, another recurring mistake is to choose one that is too small. In this way you won't be able to turn it well and get it out intact !
- The vinegar can be from white wine, from apples or any other you have at home as long as it is not the balasmic one . You won't have to go and buy a specific one, specifically for this recipe, also because the quantity is very small and the flavor will hardly be felt. What, then, is the vinegar in the poached egg for? Its purpose is to help hold the white together: by increasing the coagulation of the proteins, it cooks it faster.
- Finally, one last trick is how to get the egg . It may seem trivial, but many people break it: use a slotted spoon, but above all be delicate !
How to eat poached egg
This dish is very good tasted in many ways. You can try it even just on a slice of toasted bread with very little salt and freshly ground pepper. Another very appetizing way to prepare them is to place them on very thin flakes of butter and garnish them with half a spoonful of grated Parmesan.
Poached eggs are also excellent on their own, but often serve as an accompaniment to more complex dishes. Try to combine them with salmon, avocado, cheese, asparagus and many other ingredients useful for preparing a delicious appetizer: with this recipe all you have to do is arm yourself with imagination!
Here's how to make perfect fried eggs !
The most appetizing feature of the poached egg lies in the two consistencies: the creamy part of the egg white and the liquid part of the yolk. These two characteristics are not kept for a long time once ready, which is why we do not recommend keeping them in the refrigerator but also freezing them in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
WHO advises against the use of sweeteners in diets. Let’s find out why!
The WHO has recently updated the guidelines discouraging the use of non-sugar sweeteners. Let's find out why and what are...
Pasta with courgette flowers
Simple and quick, pasta with courgette flowers is a truly delicious first course. Let's find out together how to prepare...
Here is the recipe for grilled swordfish, a delicious second course full of flavors and aromas. Today we are preparing...
Tricolor first course: tomato and burrata pasta
Tomato and burrata pasta is an ideal recipe to serve as a single dish, especially in summer. That's how simple...
June diet: the fresh and creative choice to lose weight
The June diet is a fresh and summery way to lose weight by eating with gusto. Let's find out which...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce