The cauliflower purée is a typical side dish for Thanksgiving: a velvety cream with a truly enveloping flavor.
The mashed cauliflower is the ideal side dish to accompany main courses in autumn and winter: thanks to the mix with potatoes you can make a really tasty dish. If you want to make it even more inviting, you can try baking it in the oven. Cauliflower is a typical winter vegetable and is a vegetable whose properties are good for health and diet , thanks to its low calories.
Preparation of the cauliflower puree
- To prepare your cauliflower puree, start by cleaning the vegetables: for the cauliflower you have to remove the outer leaves with the help of a small knife and cut the core. Then detach the tops by pulling them off with your hands or making a small incision at the base. Wash them well under running water and then place them on a clean towel to dry.
- Take the potatoes and peel them, cut them in half and then in quarters again.
- Boil the cauliflowers in a pot with salted water for about 10-15 minutes (until they are soft and easily pierced with a fork).
- Do the same thing with the potatoes, in this case it will take at least 30 minutes but a lot depends on the size of the tubers.
- Once the basic ingredients are ready, blend the cauliflowers and mash the potatoes with a potato masher. Combine them in a bowl and mix well.
- Now put the vegetable cream in a saucepan and bring it to the fire, with a knob of butter so that it does not stick to the bottom. Gently mix and slowly add the other ingredients: butter, grated cheese, nutmeg to taste and milk until you get the consistency you prefer for your puree.
- Finally, season with salt and pepper and bring to the table. For a scenographic presentation you can also add another small piece of butter in the center of the plate.
This recipe is delicious, even the most skeptical will have to change their mind. Bring it to the table with another classic like stew !
We recommend keeping this easy side dish in the fridge for a maximum of 2-3 days and in a special container with a lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Map of pimples: each area of the face corresponds to an organ
What is the pimple map for? Let's find out together and see which organs the areas of the face are...
How to toast pumpkin seeds: the video recipe to prepare a healthy and crunchy snack
Roasted pumpkin seeds: quick and easy recipe to prepare a tasty snack at home to nibble on at any time...
The most popular s/s 2023 collections by Valentino and Dior, followed by Balmain and Givenchy: the most beautiful inspo looks
The spring/summer 2023 fashion shows sum up: the ranking of the most popular according to Spotlight Dreamy, captivating, sensual, the...
What is ADHD, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
ADHD: what it is, causes, symptoms and everything you need to know about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity...
Gnocchi alla bava, the super stringy recipe
Gnocchi alla bava are a very quick first course to prepare, but above all they are incredibly tasty: you will...
Fashion6 days ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Food1 week ago
Topinambur: the properties and contraindications of the Jerusalem artichoke
Fashion7 days ago
The super mini skirt in the shape of a belt: the model designed by Diesel could become a trend thanks to Dua Lipa
Recipes6 days ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?